What's new

Work shoes..... (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Just wondering what most persons around here wear for work shoes. After leaving the chemical business and walking on concrete for hours each day, My foot needs changed...... Been a big fan of Timberland Pro Series low cut work shoes for years, but having looked recently at some new ones, I ran accross "Nautilus" composite toe athletic style work shoes. From what I've read, they get high marks on comfort and protection that I look for.....
What does people around here wear?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I have relatives who are teachers, nurses & scientists and they spend all day on their feet. We were recently talking about footwear and they all swore by Dansko brand clogs.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Well - since my hometown of Red Wing, MN is home to Red Wing Shoes, manufacturer of high quality work and sport shoes and boots and one of the very last shoemakers left in the US that manufacturers most of their shoes in this country (they also manufacture and import models from Italy and China), I recommend something from the Red Wing Shoe line. I can't recommend a specific model as I've only bought boots for hunting, but I know they'll have something that will meet your needs.

There are a number of Red Wing Shoe stores around, often located in strip malls, so check 'em out!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I've worn nothing but Redback's now for 6+ years. There a popular in the mechanics community(here in SoCal). They are simply the most comfortable boot I've ever worn but a tinge pricey. If you prefer low-cut, try the Walk-about.

Redbacks
You won't be disappointed

Redback Boots

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I prefer Merrell's. They're not cheap, but I find them to be more comfortable than Timberlands. They've got some crazy looking shoes, but some very nice shoes as well.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I, too, wear Merrills a lot..... and I buy them for my boys too..... we all have the helium vents right now and love them for knock-around .... but for work, I currently have timberland pro which are "all day" comfy and are probably the best wearing work shoe I've ever had.
Right now, I am leaning toward another pair of timberland pro low cuts but have been checking out nautilus composites as well as various wolverines......
Ya' know, the older I get, thet more I am willing to spend on my FEET....... don't care how much my shoes cost, as long as I can wear them without my "dogs" howling..... When I was in the chem business and spent 12 hrs a day on concrete, SAS timeouts were the only thing I had success with keeping my feet from hurting.....

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I'm another Timberland fan here. I have worn nothing but Timberland boat shoes for over 10 years now.

I do not walk every minute of the day in my job, but I do a fair amount of walking on concrete, and my boatshoes are more comfy then my NB walking shoes.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

There's an old saying that the two things in life you should be willing to spend money on are a mattress and shoes because if you're not in one you're probably in the other.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I stick to Merril and Rockports as they're about the only ones that seem to fit my feet properly (I've got narrow heals)

Chris Souders

Stunt Coordinator
Fugly shoes but they've taken over health-care arenas in my area...

www.zcoil.com

I can't get myself to buy them yet, but they must be amazing if someone is willing to be seen in them.

Chris

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Dr Martens. I have the same pair for almost 6 years now and the only thing I had to replace is the Inner sole. They are only Just starting to show there age. The soles are in great shape and my feet have never been more happy.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
When I worked in shipping at Nordstroms, I was able to get a good deal on some ECCO's. (reg $185)
I was on cement all day and these things were amazing. They are water proof to the top, and have a polypropylene (sp?)
sole. I wore them everyday for 6 years and they still look new, even on the bottom.
They are not the best looking, but they are hella comfortable and will last a long time.

http://www2.ecco.com/ss2006/Products/men-casual/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks