-

Photo
- - - - -

PS3 not as good as Xbox 360. Link inside.

Xbox PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   BrionL

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator

• 223 posts

Posted February 03 2006 - 01:51 PM

I just thought I would post this for those who are sitting on the fence on which system to get. The link are comments from a real Sony employee who was fired for what he said about the PS3 vs. the Xbox 360.

http://news.teamxbox....3-Development/

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin

Producer

• 3,219 posts

Posted February 03 2006 - 02:48 PM

Oh yes. Employee retention policies are always the best predictor of technological superiority.

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   DaveD'

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted February 04 2006 - 02:32 PM

As much as I'd love to see Sony fail, they'll probably rule the console wars once again. From the rumors(or possibly facts), the PS3 is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360. History has shown the latest hardware doesn't necessarily mean the best console, but considering Sony has had excellent game support(both 1st and 3rd party) since it started with the PS1, it's a good bet it's once again staying at the top of the console sales this generation. Personally I always end up with each console offering since they all do have some appeal that the other doesn't.

On another note, I have a brother in law named Josh Robinson, different guy though.

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted February 05 2006 - 02:08 AM

Got a question,...will the PS3 be backwards compatible (BC) with PS2 games? It will be great if htey did that like with PS2. The 360 really sucks in that department. It would be more fun if I can hookup an Xbox and a 360 to play together....

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   DaveD'

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted February 05 2006 - 03:32 AM

Quote:
Got a question,...will the PS3 be backwards compatible (BC) with PS2 games? It will be great if htey did that like with PS2. The 360 really sucks in that department. It would be more fun if I can hookup an Xbox and a 360 to play together....
PS3 will be almost entirely backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 games.

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted February 06 2006 - 03:10 AM

who gives a shit. the final PS3 wont be seen for many months.

Quote:
I just thought I would post this for those who are sitting on the fence on which system to get
there is only one system available now, the fence does not even exist yet.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted February 06 2006 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
there is only one system available now, the fence does not even exist yet.

when you say available, are you suggesting that someone could find one of these systems at a retail location?

I have a feeling that right about the time Microsoft gets the supply stream going properly for the 360, the PS3 will be available.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   Rodney K

Rodney K

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 08:16 AM

I bought an Xbox 360 at Toys R Us last week and my oldest son bought one this weekend at another retail store. They're out there. Yes, you have to get somewhat lucky on timing, but there are some available.

Based on what I've been reading, they should be widely available in the next month or two. Regardless, they are available now...

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 10:22 AM

More powerful hardware but by the time the PS3 is released the Xbox 360 developers will have had a year to get more comfortable in programming. The 360 games at that time should be really incredible. Whether or not the PS3 hardware is fully exploited at that time remains to be seen. Their biggest advantage will be backwards compatibility and a slam dunk in the Japanese market. Launch titles are still a mystery. And Microsoft still has Xbox Live.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 01:03 AM

Sweet! So..trying to push our luck further, will there ever be a similar "Live" online service for PS3...better if it were free of course like right now....

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Rodney K

Rodney K

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 05:01 AM

Based on what I read in the new PSM, Sony is planning on a service that will match Xbox Live's features, and then some. No word on cost. Maybe since Sony has so much media they could sell via their online service, they'll make it free?

Oh, and they said that the online service will include features for more than just the PS3. It will include the PSP, as well.

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 08:00 AM

With Toy Story like graphics.... or like Jacking into the Matrix....

Posted Image
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted February 08 2006 - 09:21 AM

Quote:
when you say available, are you suggesting that someone could find one of these systems at a retail location?
even though it's not what i meant wiht my original comment, yep, i'm saying that. not everyone who wants one can get one, but they are available, they have been released.

as much as microsoft dropped the ball regarding their xbox 360 supply, it's still out there.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   Rodney K

Rodney K

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted February 09 2006 - 07:18 AM

Quote:
With Toy Story like graphics.... or like Jacking into the Matrix....

Now that is funny. Posted Image

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   James Ryfun

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 02:51 AM

Ugh. This is exactly the wrong attitude to have regarding these consoles. Frankly, I want both, and I also think they're both going to comparable to each other.

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   Thijs

Thijs

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 04:01 AM

Sony is really gonna have to come with something huge at E3 cause Xbox360 is going crazy this year with awesome games.
I'd really like to see some real ingame stuff, not in engine like that Killzone stuff. Ingame videos of gameplay , there was word of Naughty Dog working on a complete new project for the PS3 and that they were gonna unveil it at E3, i can't wait. cause those fella's brought the Jak games which were awesome.

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted February 13 2006 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
Sony is really gonna have to come with something huge at E3 cause Xbox360 is going crazy this year with awesome games.

personally i don't think there's that many great games on the 360 right now, but that's just my opinion. i played COD2 already and am doing it a second time on veteran. other than that, no other games have really done it for me. i've played all the demos and rented PDZ (that's a kid's game, c'mon!!!). so far COD2 is easily the best. can't wait for Ghost Recon. if i were into driving games, that might help.
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

Back to Video Gaming

Forum Nav Content I Follow