What's new

LCD or Tube? (1 Viewer)

Lance.G

Grip
I'm looking at getting a new TV. My budget is arround $1000. I was wondering if there was a big differance between LCD and Tube HDTV's? I dont want a bigscreen projection tv because everyone I know that has one has had probelms with it. I know the LCD weighs less but would the tube picture be better?

Thanks.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Welcome to the forum. Do a little reading in this forum and you'll see a lot of threads comparing the various display technologies -- plasma, lcd, dlp, crt, etc. They ALL have tradeoffs. Your question is really too broad to be answered definitively without more information. Not to mention, different brands and models will give you different results. I also disagree that RPs are unreliable, but if you don't want one, that's ok.

But generally, crts will have a better picture than lcds. They will also be bigger, heavier and subject to burn in. If any one of those factors is a deal breaker or a must have, you have your answer.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks