Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

LCD or Tube?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Lance.G

• 20 posts

Posted February 02 2006 - 10:05 AM

I'm looking at getting a new TV. My budget is arround $1000. I was wondering if there was a big differance between LCD and Tube HDTV's? I dont want a bigscreen projection tv because everyone I know that has one has had probelms with it. I know the LCD weighs less but would the tube picture be better? Thanks.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

• 1,545 posts

Posted February 02 2006 - 10:23 AM

Welcome to the forum. Do a little reading in this forum and you'll see a lot of threads comparing the various display technologies -- plasma, lcd, dlp, crt, etc. They ALL have tradeoffs. Your question is really too broad to be answered definitively without more information. Not to mention, different brands and models will give you different results. I also disagree that RPs are unreliable, but if you don't want one, that's ok.

But generally, crts will have a better picture than lcds. They will also be bigger, heavier and subject to burn in. If any one of those factors is a deal breaker or a must have, you have your answer.Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   ChrisWiggles

• 4,791 posts

Posted February 02 2006 - 10:35 AM

PQ and value=CRT Unless you want the form factor of the LCD...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users