What's new

More SE title stupidity: "The Wedding Singer - Totally Awesome Edition" (1 Viewer)

James@R

Second Unit

No kidding! I'm assuming it was inspired by the "new Broadway musical". Wow.

Speaking of annoying trends, I think it's time the "Unrated" nonsense be put to rest as well. Adding in a few minutes of pointless scenes is not something worthy of its own edition.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I completely agree. The "unrated" thing doesn't mean what it implies in most cases (or perhaps what Joe Sixpack infers). This special edition seems pretty darn unnecessary and not worth a double-dip.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Only way I'd even give this a look is if they fixed the center channel crackle that pervades the previous release (and even then I might wait until an HD version just to punish the stupid SE title) ;)

Oh, and $9.99 or less...

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Both regular, and in character commentaries with Adam Sandler, Alan Covert, Drew Barrymore, and Steve Bucemi... That would get me to buy this. There has to be some really neat stuff on here for me to double dip, but since it's a good film, I think I would give this a shot. Now that the days are getting closer and closer to the newer formats, do people find themselves questioning whether to buy movies on DVD, let alone double dipping?

Ryan

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
All they usually do is throw in some outtakes that weren't supposed to be there anyway so they can say it wasn't MPAA approved!

And the studio insults keep flying.

Oh, and the "cracklies" can't be fixed. Much of the "wedding singing" parts were done on-set using the supplied mike. If Sandler chose to peak the mike by screaming and "eating it" then there is nothing you can do to fix the master audio track.

This is not the same thing as if the sound mixer in the studio wasn't watching his levels and clipped the recording levels.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Understood Dan, but I thought I remembered hearing the cracklies on some pre-recorded music too (it's been years since I watched it on DVD so I could be wrong). Knowing Sandler's "acting style" yeah I can imagine he peaked the mic quite a few times ;)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
there's definitely some annoying crackling/harshness in some of the dialogue from several actors (not just Sandler) that sounds like it could be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks