What's new

KNight Rider S3 and A-team S3 - who has it already? (1 Viewer)

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
I am taking a guess here that some may already have this set.

If you do, I have 2 questions to ask.

1. Are the dvds double sided
2. Are the dvds defective or any known faults reported.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
You can all read Gord's review of A-Team Season 3 over at tvshowsondvd.com. He had the (usual) DVD-18 problems with disc 3. I truly truly truly hate Universal for still releasing this type of disc when it's quite obvious they can't get the problems fixed. I'm not sure they're even trying to.

Chris

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I pre ordered Knight Rider S 3 it will arrive on Tuesday. So, what defects might we be talking about??

RogerH

Supporting Actor
In the past I haven't had a defect that appeared on all my players. I had a couple I had one first viewing but after word they were fine. While once I had defect on one player while it played fine on my other.

Can't wait for tuesday though Knight Rider and The A-Team :)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I have gone through 4 copies of Murder She Wrote Season 2 and now give up. None of them play properly on my Sony DVD player. I have an old JVC player, and there seems to be no problem playing them on that. Although I find it upsetting that I don't have any problems with my other DVD collections playing on the Sony, only the Murder She Wrote.
Not impressed..
:thumbsdown:

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'm concerned about the running time of A-TEAM Season 3's episodes. According to Gord's review, the episodes run from a low of 45:50 to a high of 49:49. That's a four minute difference. In 1984, most episodes ran between 48:00 and 50:00. Most of Universal's other shows have very consistent running times within a season. This four minute range is just too much.

I have serious concerns some of these A-TEAM episodes may be syndicated versions. Universal, for the most part, has been VERY good about presenting original, uncut episodes. Aside from the usual DVD-18 complaints, they have offered fairly decent product. It would be a real shame, albeit not too surprising, too see them start cutting corners at this stage of the game.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has discovered any cut episodes yet. I'd like to buy it this week, but only if the episodes are uncut. Here's the link to Gord's review. If anyone has the set already, and could take a look at the episodes with the shorter times, please post your findings. Thanks in advance.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/sitereviews.cfm?ReleaseID=5332

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

You said it, Matt. I need to know the same thing. As you said, in spite of the DVD-18 problems on Uni's products, they've been very good/consistant about using the un-cut original eps in their sets.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised you guys aren't excited by the lack of the Universal opening on each episode. I almost peed my pants!

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Gord: Yea sounds great for a-team, what is puzzling you still have it on knight rider S3 which is weird. I am not sure about the magnum set yet.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Gord, is the original Universal logo in place at the end of each episode? Universal used to leave the original logo intact, then switched to the new CGI logo at the beginning. While I'm happy to see them drop the new logo at the start, the release isn't really "pee-worthy" unless the original logo is intact at the end.

The "Rockford" release has several instances where you can actually hear the first note of the Universal logo theme music at the end of the episodes, just before it is cut.

MattHR

Screenwriter

It's really quite sad that little things like this make me happy. :) It looks like my (dozens of) emails to Universal may not have been in vain. It may seem trivial to most, but the addition of the new CGI logo, and the removal of the classic logo, really annoyed me.

Once I have confirmation the episodes are uncut, only then will it be time to change my pants!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I just picked up both Knight Rider and The A-Team both should be a great time but when I looked on the back of the 5$ off coupon its only available in the US so once again us Canadians get screwed :thumbsdown:

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I picked up s3 of The A-Team yesterday, but disc 3 was loose and has several scratches. So I'll have to take it back and exchange it. I'll definitely be checking disc three for the video errors. Thanks for the heads up on that, Gord.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
A question for you all (and it's so small, no point in starting its own thread just for it) - Where the heck is that "Best of the 80's TV" extra? It's not on disc one/side one of the A-Team, and it's not at the end of the season where there is plenty of room on the disc. No mention of it on the package anywhere.

Did I just smoke crack and imagine that it's included?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks