Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wild Wild West: 40th Anniv. Season 1on 6/3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   MarcoAD

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator

• 96 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 06:56 AM

I didn't see another post discussing this so here it is. This is great news. Here's to hoping they give it a good transfer and have some quality extras. TVshowsondvd of course comes through with the art.

Wild Wild West Season 1

1 more show off my must have list. Now where is Get Smart!!!
Hitachi 50SV810 LCD/Onkyo SR803 Receiver/Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player/Infinity Primus 360 Towers, 160 rears & C25 Center/Velodyne DPS12 Subwoofer/Monster Power HTPS2600 Power Station and a Harmony 880
HD-DVD Supporter!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 07:22 AM

So does this mean that Perry Mason and Gomer Pyle, USMC are not that far behind after all? Sure hope so.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 07:34 AM

Yeah I'm glad it's coming and the set looks Great, glad it's Season 1 vs. A Best of Ala Gunsmoke. But waiting till June Stink. I was hoping for March/April. Oh well it's on the List !
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 11:09 AM

Great news and from what I have read. A bunch of extras. Now all we need is The Untouchables and all my classic Paramount titles will be out.

The others...Star Trek, WWW and Mission Impossible.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Henry V

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 11:32 AM

Fabulous news, I can't wait to get this series on DVD. Not even Dr. Miguelito Loveless could keep me from getting this set!
With Mission:Impossible's first season's impending release to DVD in April the only classic 60's TV Spy series still MIA is The Man from U.N.C.L.E., though it's rumoured to be in preparation for DVD release as well.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 01:56 PM

While I'm happy to see it out, I also wish it had come out earlier. I hope we can get to S2 before the end of the year.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 27 2006 - 11:08 PM

This is one that I'd given up on so I bought the Columbia House DVD's for S1. Anyone here plan on getting this set if they already have the C.H. set?

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Nick Eden

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted January 28 2006 - 06:18 AM

Good news about Wild Wild West.
Has Mission:Impossible been announced yet? There have been rumours about an April release, but if Paramount have announced releases for June (ie WWW), then I think it highly unlikely that MI is still on for April?

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted January 28 2006 - 06:33 AM

M:I isn't coming in April. I know a few sites have posted about it recently, but Paramount is still transferring the film. They got some baaaad info from someone.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?