Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Marcus Welby and Medical Center anytime soon?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 of 34 OFFLINE   Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 363 posts

Posted August 30 2012 - 10:46 AM

FYI: Just listened to the Warner Archive podcast interview with Gary Lockwood. At the end of the interview, they mentioned his other WA releases, and one of them was an upcoming release of Medical Center Season 2 (he guest-stars in an episode). No specific dates mentioned, but it's going to happen!

#22 of 34 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,477 posts

Posted August 30 2012 - 10:54 AM

That i great news! Maybe there is hope for Trapper John MD down the road!! Long live classic TV!!

#23 of 34 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,560 posts

Posted August 30 2012 - 10:59 AM

Now if only Shout would give us Season 3 of "Marcus Welby, MD". At the very least, the title deserved one crack as a "Select" release if sales weren't that great as a retail one for the first two years. Then if it failed as a Select title, I could understand better the abandonment.

#24 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvdvdguy

Wvdvdguy

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted August 31 2012 - 04:06 PM

Actually, Chad Everett's wife Shelby passed away last year. I was very surprised his passing didn't receive more coverage. Looking forward to MC season 2!!

#25 of 34 OFFLINE   Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 363 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:23 AM

Here's the announcement (a very cool bonus feature this time):
http://www.wbshop.co...Eml&ref=EW0912B

MEDICAL CENTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (1970) With James Daly and Chad Everett confidently guiding the series, Medical Center entered its second year of television residency and continued to court controversy and stand-out costars. Medical Center had the prescription for history-making television with chief medico Dr. Lochner and super-surgeon Dr. Gannon bringing enough experience and youth to cover any crisis and bridge any generation gap. Giving and getting treatment in this 6-Disc, 24-Episode collection are James Shigeta, Phyllis Thaxter, Gary Lockwood, Bradford Dillman, Vera Miles, Stefanie Powers, Iron Eyes Cody, Roddy McDowall and Keenan Wynn and a host of other talents. Ills confronted this season include homophobia, class prejudice, drug addiction, sexual assault, malpractice, youth unrest and more. NEWLY REMASTERED

Special Bonus — This season, the makers of Medical Center agreed to participate in ground-breaking experiment in social science on the effect of television on behavior conducted by noted scientist Stanley Milgram. As reported in his book Television and Antisocial Behavior, one episode (“Countdown” with Peter Strauss) was filmed with three different final acts. While most of the nation saw one ending, select control groups in other cities saw the other two, with the research team attempting to ascertain what effect, if any, these endings would have on the viewer’s behavior. All three endings to “Countdown” are included on the disc as a special bonus.

#26 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvdvdguy

Wvdvdguy

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 02:17 PM

Great new!! "Medical Center" is a show I'm surprised doesn't have more of a following. I love it!! A really comforting show to me!

#27 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvdvdguy

Wvdvdguy

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted October 20 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just picked up season 1 of Medical Center this week. Such a good show! One question. Some disks have 5 episodes rather than 4. Does that effect the quality? I've only glanced at the disks. Just wanted a knowledgeable opinion about it. One ep seemed grainier than the 4 ep disks. Maybe it was just one ep though.

#28 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvdvdguy

Wvdvdguy

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 10:49 AM

Anybody have Medical Center season 2? I haven't seen any reviews. I was wondering about the picture quality.

#29 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 01:28 AM

I do hope more seasons of "Medical Center" are released. Love this show!!

#30 of 34 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,560 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 11:49 PM

In keeping with the rest of this thread, I hope that Shout will at some point give another chance for "Marcus Welby MD" (not to mention their other stalled Universal property, "Ironside").

#31 of 34 OFFLINE   Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard

Second Unit

• 363 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 09:55 AM

More Medical Center!:

http://shop.warnerar...Eml&ref=EW0625C

#32 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 02:01 AM

Great news! I so enjoy this series. Absolutely soothes me. I had a virus back in February & I spent 1 day on the couch watching nothing Medical Center. Yes I am saying this show chicken soup will make you feel better. Lol!!

#33 of 34 OFFLINE   Wvtvguy

Wvtvguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:55 AM

Anyone know how the picture quality is on Medical Center season 3? Tough to get good reviews.

#34 of 34 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted December 07 2014 - 03:17 PM

This thread need a bump - I'm about to take advantage of WA "series sale" where you get 3 seasons for $100. I'm going for seasons 1-3 of Medical Center!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users