-

Photo
- - - - -

Something needs to be done about potential Darkwing Duck Edits

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 08:47 AM

Asd many of you all know, there was a bulletin posted on TVShowsondvd.com which rumored that Darkwing Duck could be headed to DVD. While good news, that presents a grave problem.

You See, Darkwing Duck, like many of the Disney Afternoon shows, had several of it's episodes edited sometime around 2001 (for broadcast on Toon Disney) to remove potentially objectionable content (such as guns, destruction, etc.). In fact, Darkwing Duck might have had the most edits applied to it. A Friend of Mine has recieved "Common knowledge" that the recently release Cnip 'n' Dale rescue Rangers DVD used some of these Toon Disney edits, and believes that the same will happen to Darkwing Duck. That's Why I'm trying to rally a conscious effort to petiton Disney to not use the Toon Dinsey edits and bring the issue to Disney before the set's enter production. Something need to be done.

#2 of 5 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 02:04 PM

Contacting TVshowsondvd, UltimateDisney, and BVHE would probably be a start.

#3 of 5 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted January 24 2006 - 01:37 AM

I have the phone number/email address for Buena Vista.

1-800-723-4763

You can also e-mail them here:
disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com

If you haven't seen the thread Disney to release Darkwing Duck to DVD, the pilot episode "Darkly Dawns the Duck" was edited, and was made into a two-parter. It was restored for the home video release. If they do include the pilot, I would hope it would also be unedited.

I'm in the process of trying to get Tad Stones involved with this DVD. I don't know if it will happen, but we'll see.

#4 of 5 JohnDMoore

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted January 24 2006 - 04:21 PM

If you have any thoughts, I'll do what I can to help. This is my favorite cartoon of its ilk and while I've long-awaited Darkwing dawning on DVD, this has long been a fear of mine. In the meantime, I'll get to writing a letter or two.

A good luck, Chris, getting ahold of Tad Stones. Years ago, I had his email address, back when he posted on rec.arts.disney.animation. Even if I have it still, I'm sure it's outdated.
-John D. Moore

#5 of 5 ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted January 26 2006 - 01:55 AM

Quote:
A good luck, Chris, getting ahold of Tad Stones. Years ago, I had his email address, back when he posted on rec.arts.disney.animation. Even if I have it still, I'm sure it's outdated.

Thanks. I got an email yesterday. He said he doesn't think his involvement will happen. He was never contacted for "Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers", and said "Gargoyles" (which I mentioned in the email to him) was for the collectors. He also mentioned that the "Disney Afternoon" shows "are slanted toward Mom’s picking up videos at Walmart and sales wouldn’t be affected by the addition of extras".

If you want to check out his blog to see what he's currently working on:

http://hellboyanimated.typepad.com/