What's new

Blu Ray Slide Show (1 Viewer)

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I guess we can but the orginal terminator for Blu-Ray. Thats the whole trilogy from three studios all being launch titles for the format. Excellent.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
think it makes sense to have different packaging, incl size. In the beginning, many customers would not be able to differentiate between say - Spiderman Blue Ray and standard DVD; nor I believe would the average employee of Best Buy, Blockbuster or Walmart. A different packaging will among other things, make for less confusion in the market place.

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I prefer the new packaging. Its shorter and thinner and therefore easier to store. I kind of wonder how these cases will handle two disc sets even though two disc sets are probably going to be less needed with Blu-Ray.

Juan C

Second Unit

According to the pdf the "Slim Case can hold (2) Discs (including a 2mm insert)".

They'll be about as deep as a Super Jewel Box if you remember them.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Another plus is how they mentioned somewhere in there about searching for alternatives to shrinkwrap to maximize litho artwork.

I guess that shows that some care is being put into presentation and hopefully aimed at film enthusiasts like us that would harken back to the days of laserdisc when packaging was more consistent and 'artfully' done.

Edited: for being a moron.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Unless, maybe I'm wrong and highh-def will mark the end of packaged film series?

I would like to know how a company liek Warners would go ahead and issue their Thin Man DVD's?

Perhaps all titles will be released individually with full artwork?

That would be a good thing...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see the firection this all takes because as you can probably tell, I'm a bit skeptical and hesitant about all of this.

Afterall, I did drop a nice 18-20 grand on standard DVD already.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Ummm... How do you propose to fit three films in HD on one disc? The "23 hours" refers to SD content, not hi-def.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
on page 8 of that pdf document it also brags about

"Full 1920 x 1080 resolution with Advanced Video Codec
(12 Mb/s video)"

sounds like the are talking about VC1. Interesting given this is a Sony-slide-show... (in that they aren't bragging about MPEG2...) Maybe there is hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks