-

Photo
- - - - -

Why Isn't Mighty Max Not Yet On DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted January 22 2006 - 09:13 AM

Does anybody remember this short-lived cartoon from the mid 90s? It was about a boy named Max who got a magical baseball cap for his birthday which allowed him to jump through portals which could take him to any place or time. He soon realised he was the chosen one and was guided by Virgil who was an ancient chicken from Lemuria who helped him translate scrolls & Norman who was a Viking warrior and now his sworn bodyguard.

Anyways it was a really cool cartoon and I believe still has quite the fanbase. With many of the cartoons out or coming soon to DVD I ask myself where is Mighty Max?

Truth be told I'm not sure who even owns the rights I think BKN might but not sure. If I remember didn't BKN say there were going to release their shows on DVD.

Maybe Dave or Gord might know who owns the right and could possibly ask them if there were any plans.

#2 of 9 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted July 15 2006 - 10:10 AM

I wanted to bring this up again, it's 2006 and still no hint that this might be released even in the far future. This is an awesome cartoon and hopefully one day it makes it's way to dvd.

#3 of 9 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted January 13 2007 - 01:27 PM

I wanted to bring this up again now that we are in a new year. Does anyone think 2007 might be the magic year for Mighty Max to finally come on DVD. It probably won't happen because it's an obscure cartoon but i'm crossing my fingers.

By the way does anyone know who owns this?

#4 of 9 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted January 13 2007 - 05:47 PM

I use to watch this in the morning before I went to school. I definitely would pay to see him fight the Skull Master again on DVD...Norman kicked butt, even though he was played by Bull from Night Court!

With 40 episodes, They'd probably break it into two sets. I'd buy them! You hear me dvd studio????

#5 of 9 BrettV

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted August 05 2007 - 07:05 AM

Yeah, I was just thinking about this show.

I'd buy it in a minute.

#6 of 9 Pavan_P

Pavan_P

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted August 05 2007 - 11:40 PM

BKN doesn't have rights to put this on DVD. They said they don't know who does.

#7 of 9 Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted October 25 2007 - 06:57 AM

Thanks.

That's really too bad. Mighty Max is one of the cartoons I have been waiting to be released. I hope the situation gets figured out eventually because it would be a shame if this great show was never released. It seems to have a big fan base as well who would hopefully buy the DVD if ever released.

#8 of 9 novelist1982

novelist1982

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 03 2010 - 03:16 AM

I am not sure who owns the rights, but I am interested in buying the rights to Mighty Max and launch a huge comeback. I am a creative writer with plans to write Mighty Max the live action movie, to release the Mighty Max cartoon series on DVD and to relaunch the toy series to the new generation of possible fans. So, if anyone can determine who owns the rights, I will contact them immediately.

#9 of 9 Becky Cookie

Becky Cookie

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 21 2011 - 04:40 AM

Film Roman is the production company for mighty max,so it says on wiki.why dont you start a facebook group to get it brought to dvd and then show the company the page :).