What's new

Disney to release Darkwing Duck to DVD (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I think it's great that Disney is finally releasing their shows. I hope they include the Pilot as well.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I was hoping for Darkwing and TaleSpin to be the two shows. 1 of 2 is not bad, lol. Oh well, The Tick fans will be happy. I hope we see another volume of DuckTales and Chip 'n Dale very soon.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Pavan, I too was disappointed by todays 'big' news. I was expecting Darkwingduck and Gummi Bears, or Tailspin. I didn't even know that Tick show was Disney.So much for big news.:thumbsdown:

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
News is rarely this good.

Hopefully the 2-part "Darkly Dawns the Duck" ends up on this set; though, if they follow the pattern they used for DuckTales and Rescue Rangers (production, not airdate order), then these episodes (#52-53, though about 7 production numbers don't exist) won't make it till a second set.

At any rate, I'm just thoroughly stoked.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Does anyone know a way to contact the show's creator, Tad Stones (not that Disney is likely to contact him for anything concerning the DVD)?

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Great to hear about Darkwing Duck & Tale Spin finally coming to DVD, has there been any word on any more seasons of Ducktales or Rescue Rangers?

Paul

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Aside from the editing of Darkly Dawns the Duck, a bunch of Gas Gun sequences were cut out of some of the DD episodes on Toon Disney.I wonder (and hope) if the DVD will restore them

Joe:C

Second Unit
This is good news. I hope it's unedited and the pilot is included (I'm still wondering why Ducktales and Chip N Dales didn't have their pilots).

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Will these be releases like Ducktales and Rescue Rangers or those 3-episode Quack Pack and Goof Troop discs?

Joe:C

Second Unit
Well, they are both coming in August around the same time as the Tick, so my assumption has been that they are being released like Ducktales and Rescue Rangers. Of course we haven't had any official word yet, so it's hard to say for sure.

Pavan_P

Second Unit

Disney told me all multiple part episodes for DuckTales and Chip 'n Dale will be released as a separate "movie" release. So, that is why the 5-part pilots for each were missing.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator

WHOA! First I'd heard that, that is great news!!!!! I was wondering if they were even going to get around to releasing more volumes, but this makes it sound like they are dedicated to releasing the whole shebang!!!!!!!!!

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
This is freakin' awesome. :)

I agree with the above poster that I'd most like to see Gummi Bears next. It's a shame about Goof Troop and Quack Pack, but, spilt milk at this point I guess.

Maybe next: Gummi Bears and Aladdin?

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Awesome, totally freakin' awesome! Now, just pop out some more seasons of Ducktales, and C&D:RR, and I'll be a happy camper!

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
They are, November! And maybe we will become more clear on how they're going to do the pilots for those, I heard somewhere mention of packaging the pilots as their own 'box set' sold separately from the volumes themselves. I don't know if that was actually officialized though.

I also hope we hear word on the final volume of Gargoyles too. And I'm not talking about GOLIATH CHRONICLES (which I would also buy, just for completeness. heh heh heh. im a sucker)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks