What's new

Anybody dealt with salesstore.com ?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
This is the Merchant and we will answer in detail all the allegations (many of them false).
First, our website address is SaleStores.com and not SalesStore.com there's only ONE "S" in the middle, not two.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
Kirk Patrick said:
any experiences ??
prices are a little too low for me to trust their follow through
tia
Merchant Response:
- Our prices are low because we have to be competitive to get sales. We don't have Millions of Dollars to spend in Marketing like for example Amazon.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
David Norman said:
Sales Store
Not very good from my read of the reviews, but it's such a small number and most of them were over a year old.
Merchant Response:
- We are not sure what reviews has David Norman read. For starters, we have an A+ Rating at the BBB as you can see here:
http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/audio-visual-equiptment-dealers/eos-trading-in-miami-fl-31001084
- Then, you have to consider that most of the "review" sites can be manipulated by competitors, and ONE angry customer can place many reviews in different sites. Furthermore, all those sites are COMPLETELY BIASED towards the negative comments. If you think about it, most people that buy and everything was alright, don't bother to place a rating....they have a life. But a few angry Customers, which is almost impossible to avoid, might spend a lot of time an effort trying to trash the merchant. So...why not check us out on an UNBIASED review site. We are talking about AMAZON. We sell on Amazon Marketplace and ONLY CUSTOMERS can enter reviews on Amazon. As you can see in this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=B000GG05QM&seller=AFAGM2K2OIRAD
We have 4626 feedback in our lifetime with 99% POSITIVE. What more do you need to know about our service?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome to HTF Benny.
It seems your ResellerRatings have indeed improved, that's an interesting sign. Good luck pulling them up further.
Regarding low prices, I don't think marketing is really the key to Amazon's success. I don't think I've ever in my life seen a print or TV ad for Amazon outside of their Kindle ads. Exploiting sales forces such as drop shipment, minimal warehousing, and zero B&M might be bigger keys to how they keep their prices down. You'll excuse folks for being unwilling to believe that smaller sellers can compete with Amazon because they don't have an ad budget or a strategy that allows them to buy in bigger bulk than Amazon can to get better volume pricing, that just doesn't add up.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
Captbuddha said:
 My wife & I just ordered two free Alias 2 cell phones on Wed evening through salesstore.com which gave us countless free phone 
packages to look at; but when we went to click on the phones we ended up ordering IT was re-linked to the web site called 
WIREFLY.COM. I just now Friday checked w/ my CC company on the $1 charge that was to be charged to my card and the $1
charge was under the co. name SalesStore. Since we don't think we'll get the two phones by Saturday, because of the up coming LaborDay weekend, my wife & I can't tell yet if its a good co./web site; but they did handle our ordering the phones very well & professionally and they did only charge my CC Account the $1 they promised. I hope this helps others out there. DEC
Response from SaleStores.com:
- We DO NOT sell Cell Phones, nor we have anything to do with Wirefly.com
- Customer seems to have gone to another site: SaleSStore.com that has nothing to do with us.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
David Norman said:
Sales Store
Not very good from my read of the reviews, but it's such a small number and most of them were over a year old.
Response from Merchant:
- As of today, 4/25/2012 we have 8.21/10 on http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sale_Stores_EOS_Trading_Corp_emcdepot
- As of today, we have 99% POSITIVE feedback on our Amazon Store, with 4627 feedback received:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=1&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=&seller=AFAGM2K2OIRAD

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Let's keep in mind that the first three posts of this thread come from 2006 and the next two were made in 2009. It has become obvious to me over the years that many members don't take note of the dates that posts were made.

And since there seems to be both a salesstore.com and a salestores.com I'm sensing some confusion among the posters in this thread.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
Sam Posten said:
Welcome to HTF Benny.
It seems your ResellerRatings have indeed improved, that's an interesting sign. Good luck pulling them up further.
Regarding low prices, I don't think marketing is really the key to Amazon's success. I don't think I've ever in my life seen a print or TV ad for Amazon outside of their Kindle ads. Exploiting sales forces such as drop shipment, minimal warehousing, and zero B&M might be bigger keys to how they keep their prices down. You'll excuse folks for being unwilling to believe that smaller sellers can compete with Amazon because they don't have an ad budget or a strategy that allows them to buy in bigger bulk than Amazon can to get better volume pricing, that just doesn't add up.
Merrchant's Response:
- We think Sam might not know all the facts. Page 27 of Amazon's 10K statement (Annual Financial Statement presented to the SEC) shows US$ 1.63 Billion Dollars in MARKETING EXPENSE. Here's the link:
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/drawFiling.asp?docKey=136-000119312512032846-65U07V1542N4RBOCDQ5E0EDGLK&docFormat=HTM&formType=10-K
With $48.1 Billion total sales, that means they spend 3.4% of their Sales in Marketing. Small Companies in very competitive lines of business can't afford to spend that much. For example, in Electronics it's very tough to get 10% Gross Margin. 3.4% would be a big chunk of your Gross, and then you have Payroll, Rent, etc, etc. But most importantly, say a small Company spends that 3.4% of their Total sales, and say that Company sells $500K/yr, that's only $17,000 for marketing. Almost impossible to get any branding with that budget. A small Company can't make a dent in consumer's minds, compared to the 1.63 BILLION dollars Amazon spends per year to make sure they get the traffic.
Amazon has one of the largest or maybe the largest (we don't know for sure) Affiliate Marketing program in the Planet: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/
Also, we don't know how much do they spend on Google Adwords, but found an article stating that RETAILERS spent 2.8 Billion in Google Adwords in 2011:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57364908-93/googles-biggest-adwords-customers-might-surprise-you/
We believe Amazon probably was a large Chunk of those 2.8 Billion.
Many people might not remember this, but Amazon LOST MONEY FOR MANY YEARS. So how did they manage to keep losing money (probably by spending a lot in Marketing) all those years? Just ask the investors that bought stock at $107 in 1999 and then had to dump it at $6 in 2001. MANY MANY Millions of Dollars from Investors that lost their shirts.
Furthermore, size gives any Company power. Why do you think so many small stores close when a Walmart comes to town? Big Companies have PURCHASING POWER, so they can go to Manufacturers, buy in large quantities and push smaller sellers out of business. Amazon is the largest shipper for UPS, so they probably get huge discounts that they pass on to their Customers. Amazon can ship something at $10 when a small merchant would have to pay $20. To make matters worse, Amazon probably subsidizes shipping costs, so they could be shipping that item a $5. Furthermore, they have this "PRIME" membership that lets Customers get 2nd day FREE shipping and Next Day for only $4. Impossible for a small merchant to Compete.
Amazon is a good Company, and it is getting tougher by the day to Compete with them.

bennyeos

Auditioning
Real Name
Benjamin Landman
boylaw said:
the "store" is more of a broker, you can't truly return anything like a department store. Prices are low because they are basically shipping directly from the manufacturer.
Here are some of the tricks they use.
An "order" you send is an offer for them to accept at their discretion. But they create an invoice of it immediately. After three weeks or so they "accept" the order and ship the item. By then since the invoice was made 3 weeks prior according to their policy you are too late to return. They also don't give shipping information that often.
Do not try and return it something. Restocking Fee is an illegal 50-99% of the cost of the item!!! [assuming they'll even give you an RMA number]
Without a RMA number it is automatically labeled "lost." i.e. you're responsible for loss. So get shipping insurance! If you try and do a chargeback they fine you $75 for doing so. That means you have a bill with them. Of course you will get pissed and upset and then they send it off to a bill collector to ding your credit. If you're smart you fight the debt collection using federal law, but how many people are smart enough to do that and end up paying the extortion of $75 to now have your credit dinged. Using the fair debt collections act is the way to go at that point.
Don't bother with small claims, they're in Florida, unless you live nearby they have no jurisdiction. In Federal Court it's basically impossible since its over the internet for the court to get jurisdiction to sue. So buyer beware.
AVERAGE STORE RATING 6.74 out of 10
Sale Stores / EOS Trading Corp / emcdepot.com - salestores.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
Merchant's Reponse:
- For starters as of Today 4/25/2012 our ResellerRatings.com shows 8.21 out of 10: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sale_Stores_EOS_Trading_Corp_emcdepot
- We have an A+ rating on the BBB: http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/audio-visual-equiptment-dealers/eos-trading-in-miami-fl-31001084
- We have 99% lifetime feedback on Amazon with 4627 ratings:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=1&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=&seller=AFAGM2K2OIRAD
- We HAVE INVENTORY. Whenever an order comes and we have it in stock we ship it from our stock. When we don't, we ship from Suppliers (Manufacturers or Distributors)
- We DO NOT create an Invoice of an order until the product is SHIPPED. Mr. Bob Barker's assertion is completely false.
- We ship most of our orders within 24-72 hours of having received it. Mr. Bob Barker's assertion is completely false.
- The return period starts when the product is SHIPPED and not when we receive the order. Mr. Bob Barker's assertion is completely false.
- Returns for anything that is not our fault generally carries a restocking fee. There's nothing illegal in charging restocking fees. We do so because most of our suppliers charge restocking fees when returning products that are not defective.
- Without an RA (or RMA) an item is NOT automatically labeled "lost" as Mr. Barker wrongly states. But without an RA an item CAN BE lost if shipped back to a Manufacturer that receives hundreds or thousands of packages a day. The RA# system was designed especially for that issue...Manufacturers and Distributors need to know what is that they are receiving, so they can properly issue the Credit Memo. Without an RA#, a package can really be lost.
- We recently shipped our 100,000th order. Most of our Customers are happy with their purchases. There's always going to be angry Customers. We work very hard to help our Customers with any issue they have. We think our Ratings on Amazon and the BBB speak for themselves.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/228357/anybody-dealt-with-salesstore-com#post_3919960
Let's keep in mind that the first three posts of this thread come from 2006 and the next two were made in 2009. It has become obvious to me over the years that many members don't take note of the dates that posts were made.
I would recommend that old posts dates be in RED so people notice that the post is (very) old.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Amen to that.
And my own suggestion now is to call it quits. We've fully and totally and fairly heard both sides now.

And indeed, this thread was more than 2 years old, it started 6 years ago even.

Cees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks