Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I Need Advice on Getting the Most Out of a Proxima DS1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Nils Luehrmann

Nils Luehrmann

Producer

• 3,515 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 02:12 AM

Before anyone replies with the obligatory "Yeah, get a diferent projector. There are much better projectors than the DS1", please keep in mind this projector is being offered to me at no cost = $0, so I'd like to try and see just how good a picture I can get with this unit.

I also understand that the Proxima DS1 may be one of many clones including the CTX EzPro 700, NEC MultiSync LT81, and Plus UP-800. Here is a link to where I asked about the origin of these units: http://www.hometheat....ML/008047.html

If these are clones, I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience with these units.

What I am trying to find out is...

1) What is the ideal environment and set-up for this projector? (lighting?, screen type & size?, etc)

2) Are there any tweaks or specific calibrations I should have done to this unit?

3) What kind of additional equipment might you suggest to improve this projector's performance? (anamorphic lens?, scaler?, HTPC?, etc)

The primary use (90%) will be for watching DVDs, secondary use (9%) will be for playing CD/DVD-ROM games like the Myst Series, MS Flight Simulator, and such. Perhaps accasionally (1%) some NTSC material.

Thanks,

Nils Luehrmann

------------------
WARNING: If I expressed an opinion that you might disagree with, please remember it is ONLY an opinion and "your mileage may vary".

My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users