What's new

Thief - New Andre Braugher Show (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Coming to FX in March. Anyone have any buzz yet? Braugher is a Phenominal Actor if he gets the right material.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Andre Braugher is an automatic watch for me and FX has proven their worth so I'm in.. but other than the previews I haven't heard anything.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm surprised there hasn't been any posts about this show. I thought it was excellent. Probably the best new drama to come out in a while (and that's saying a lot for a pilot). And they might as well hand Andre Braugher the emmy right now and save everyone a lot of time.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's on my DVR I'll watch it tonight, loved Braugher in Homicide, but the material was crappy on that medical show he was on, given the right stuff he's fantastic

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty good... Started out with a bang... The previews for the season looked pretty darn interesting... and the preview for next week looked really good too.

I will be giving this one a watch...

R~

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, 'Thief' will probably prompt me to cancel my season pass for Heist. Heist is somewhat entertaining, but nothing special.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
It's been a long wait since I first heard about this show and I must say that it was worth the wait. Extraordinary pilot for what is almost guaranteed to be the next great series.

FX almost always succeeds in making worthwile programming. Sure, they've have some bad shows (for instance, I'm not digging "Black. White." and "Starved" wore out it's welcome after the third episode), but "Thief" definately ranks right up there with the best of what they have to offer.

Andre Braugher is incredible! How do you say shoe-in for the Emmy nomination? The other perfromances, especially from Mae Whitman, playing his stepdaughter, are also terrific and prove that they can stand on their own without Braugher. Also have to give props to Linda Hamilton, who convinced me from the first second that she was the boss of Braugher and made clear what I knew almost a year ago when the announcement was made that this show was being produced. It would become a great show, and I think, although it is kind of early to tell, that it will continue to be great.

If only there were shows like this on the networks...

Rating: **** out of ****

I'm there for the next episode this coming Tuesday!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Except I can't watch a scene with her without thinking about "Ann" from Arrested Development. ;)

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I love this show, and it gives me what I want...real drama and issues with a fantastic and edgy premise (as opposed to a mundane family drama about nine to fivers). The hospital scenes hit home and all the actors were great. Way to knock one out of the park in the first episode.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I personally was a bit underwhelmed by it but I'll wait and see how it goes. The show seems interesting enough for me to keep Tivo'ing it and watching 2 or 3 more episodes before I give up on it.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
got bored after 15 minutes.

F/X shows just don't do anything for me..yeah sure, they have a lot of cussing and violence, but it's nothing i haven't seen before.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
I caught the replay Friday night and I wasn't overly impressed. I think the potential is there, so I'll keep watching.

I admit that my opinion may have been clouded by the friggin' commercial breaks every 5 minutes. I realize that they have to pay the bills, but come on...

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Thief was terrific. The heist on an airliner carrying Federal Reserve money is a pretty good premise.

My the way- I really liked Heist as well. Goofy as hell, but it's a cut above the normal hour drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks