What's new

Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth: Official Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I liked Hellboy a great deal but I'm kind of ambivalent about seeing a sequel. I'm sure it'll be fine and I'll be happy to see it if it comes out, but Del Toro's one of those guys I prefer to see doing different things. I'm almost more eager to see him do Halo than Hellboy 2 :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been able to see any of the trailers or concept/ad art for this yet- can someone clue me in as to what this movie's about?

John Doran

Screenwriter
wow - hadn't even heard of this one until right now...

looks pretty interesting, though. i love del toro's visual style.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

It's a "bookend" piece to Del Toro's The Devil's Backbone, set in Franco's Spain and following a young girl as she descends into a dark fantasy world.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The film is in Spanish, so there will be no dialogue in any American ads. Don't want the anyone to think they might have to read :)

I'm very, very, very excited about this film :)

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
Great looking trailer; creepy yet beautiful. I'll watch anything Del Toro makes for the visuals alone, but he's also a very cerebral filmmaker (just listen to a commentary of his). Hopefully this will have the modern allegories and emotional depth I've heard it has.

Looking forward to it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Boy, I forgot that I made this thread....MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FILM!!!!

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Well, I saw this film earlier today and it was a huge disappointment.

An awkward mishmash of two different stories, neither of which really complimented each other, I found the film to be completely uninvolving from beginning to end.

I'd suggest lowering you expectations quite a bit!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Every last review at Rotten Tomatoes had been glowing, it has a 100% rating....odd.
In fact Ray Bennett over at Hollywood Reporter said:
....I will see it nonetheless and judge for myself, but I have high hopes in spite of myself (rather pessimistic at times).

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, my friend hated the film even more than I did and we're both fans of Cronos, Mimic and Devil's Backbone!

To be fair, many in the audience did enjoy the film and gave del Toro and his lead actress a standing ovation.

Your mileage may vary...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks