Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI Switch Problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Mark Abrams

Mark Abrams

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted January 16 2006 - 11:35 PM

I recently purchased a Gefen HDMI 2x1 switch so that I could connect both my DISH Satellite Receiver and my Panasonic S97S DVD Player to my Samsung TV, which has only 1 HDMI input. The output from the satellite receiver is DVI, so am using a DVI-to-HDMI cable for that connect into the switch. I can get a picture from the DVD player but the satellite doesn't go through. When I called the electronics store from whom I bought the switch, they asked whether my DISH 811 Receiver was HDCP compliant (not exactly sure what that means) -- I called DISH and they didn't seem to have any clue as to what HDCP compliant meant. Anybody ever have this problem, and are there certain HDMI switches that will work with satellite receivers and others that won't?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted January 17 2006 - 12:27 AM

I thought I recalled reading in this forum that HD satellite issues were via HDMI was caused by HDCP. HDCP is High Definition Copy Protection which prevents recording high def material on to HD capable recording material. Do a search on this forum and I think you'll find the exact answer.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users