What's new

Star Trek Price Drop (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Wow That is a signifigant drop and brings it more in line with some other Series'. I wonder how long it will last

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Off-thread a litte, but I'm one of those waiting for a price drop for The Original Series set. Anyone seen any new sets for less than the ~$260.00 range?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, TNG and DS9 were the first Treks to be released in season sets, so they have been out the longest. Odd how they only went with the first three seasons of each, though. I guess time will tell what will happen with the rest. Too late for me though!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Following on the heels of X Files and Queer as Folk, to name but two. At any rate, it's LONG past time for these sets to come down in price.

Just like Ric, way too late for me to cash in, though.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I beleive that deep space nine and voyager first 3 season are also been lowered. I saw this at amazon.com
I am waiting for the original series to be a lower price.

JACOB

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thank You! I been wanting to get all the Star Trek sets... but at those prices I never thought it would happen! So far I only have seasons 1 and 2 of TNG and Vol. 1-10 of TOS.

I have been wanting to check out Deep Space nine... never seen that show.

I just hope this is a perminant price drop! :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I hope that this is a sign that Paramount is re-thinking the "way too high" list prices for these sets.

I have the Deep Space Nine and the Voyager complete series, but not Next Genereation or Enterprise simply due to the costs. If they would make all the season sets in the $50 to $60 range, I would easily buy the rest. It is just silly to think they are so special they can charge what they want.

My gut instinct is this is a test to see how the lower priced sets sell. Unfortunatly most people who would buy them, already did, so I am not sure they will see a large influx of people now buying them... Unless they drop all seasons to the new price range, I doubt it will have much effect.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Except... They have my money, and I'm not alone. Getting TNG and DS9 on DVD was worth the price to me at the time (so was TOS, but I was sort of unemployed then...).

This is just treating TV the same way as features - comes out at one price, stays there a while, and goes down when the pool of people who will buy it at that price dries up. Repeat as needed. It's just taking a little longer.

One thing I do hope is that if Paramount is dropping prices, they'll start putting TOS/TNG/Enterprise into something more like the DS9 packaging than the unwieldy things they're in now.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

I don't think that's even close to being true. I know lots of people who've seen every episode of Star Trek ever aired (at least up until Voyager) but wouldn't shell out the money for these sets. And then there are casual viewers who might by the series if it didn't cost as much as three seasons of The Simpsons.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Oh, man, I hope I'm able to locate DS9 S7 and VOY S1 and S2 at that low a price! Those are the only ones I need to complete my collection. Hope the wife doesn't kill me when I get them - she already knows I plan to get the "Superman" movies SE box set and "Superman Returns" when they come out!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, the time has come!-If it is a permanent drop. Too late for me too, but like Jason, it was worth it to me.

I just checked Amazon out of curiousity and it lists S1 at $55.99 and S2 and S3 at $51.99. That's for Star Trek The Next Generation. DVD Empire still lists a price of over $100.00.

John*D

Second Unit
Get the entire series of TNG/DS9 at DDD for about ~$45 for each season when you buy the 1-7 sets.

$314.59 / 7 = ~$45.

:D Hope the prices stick for the "you know what" this Summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks