What's new

Crazy CostCo Sales (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sorry, I didn't write down all the deals, but maybe DVD Talk will have complete details soon. Sale ends January 22.

Here's what I picked up:

Simpsons Season 6: 31.99 less $15 instant savings = $16.99

Simpsons Season 7: 31.99 less $15 instant savings = $16.99

King Kong Production Diaries: 26.69 less $7 instant savings = $19.69

Office Space SE: 12.99 less $5 instants savings = $8.99

24 Season Four also had the $15 discount, also priced at $31.99.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, that's a great price on Simpsons. And to think I nearly ordered Season 7 from Amazon last night because I got a free trial to Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the heads up!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was a little hard to believe when I saw the sign, then I spent about five minutes trying to decipher what the savings actually were:

So ultimately, it's $15 off each title (i.e. not a combined savings).

Jay*W

Second Unit
I believe that the correct price for 24 - Season 4 is actually around $42.49, bringing the price after rebate down to an amazing $27.49. I only wish I had waited on the Simpsons!

Jay

P.S. Pet peeve alert: Why do so many people put the second capital "c" in Costco? I am embarassed to admit that it drives me batty!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It ain't. Go the store website and it's "Costco." I of course get confused too. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The mid-word capitalization/joining two words in product or company names is quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine. It's gotten so cliche that I just assume it's that way with companies like Costco.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Phew! Just double-checked the spelling in the RoundUp and found I haven't been capitalizing the second "C"!

BTW, I made the "U" in RoundUp a capital letter a long time ago. Hope that's okay! :D

Jay*W

Second Unit
Guo,

Pet peeve aside (and I sincerely appreciate everyone's taking it in the spirit it was intended and not taking offense), thanks so much for pointing out this amazing sale.

I also noticed that Rockford Files - Season 1 qualifies for the $7 discount, which brings its final price down to the $18-$19 range.

Regards,

Jay

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
No problem. I only wish I had written down all the deals for the sake of thoroughness. I'd forgotten about the Rockford Files discount.

I just bought Simpsons seasons 6-7 at Costco about three weeks ago for $30.49 each. Will they do a price adjustment or will I have to live the rest of my life in regret?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Coscto is exceptional with price adjustments and returns. All you have to do is ask.

James D

Second Unit
They should do a price adjustment, but if not, then rebuy it at the lower price and take the sealed set back with your old(higher priced) receipt.

Thanks for the heads-up. Since most of the rebates are on Fox sets, would you happen to know if there's an instant rebate for The Shield Season 4? I would also like to know if there's a rebate for The Pretender, Remington Steele and King of the Hill(they are all regularly priced at $26.99 and share the same item number). Thanks!:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the only deals on Fox TV sets were the Simpsons S6 and S7 and 24 S4.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Drove over just looking to pick up Peckinpah's box for 37.99 but they also had an instant 5:00 off rebate on a few of Universal's recent releases, picked up "War of the world" and "Cinderella man" ("Forty year old virgin" was another title)with this deal, also if you buy any of this others for 8.79,

Ned Kelly
Poseession
Far from Heaven
Catch me if you can
21 grams
Always
8 women
Elizabeth

you'll get 5.00 off the regular 18.39 price for the "The constant gardener", picked up "21 grams".

James D

Second Unit
According to some posters at DVD Talk, there are some $4.99 Universal titles such as 12 Monkeys. They also have Donnie Darko Director's Cut for $12.99 with a $5 rebate, making the final price of just $7.99. I've been waiting for a deal on Donnie Darko.:emoji_thumbsup: :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Does this deal require a coupon?

Be careful -- my local Costco will not accept returns after 30 days. I don't know if they will do a price adjustment after that time.

James D

Second Unit
Aaron-I'm surprised that your local Costco only gives you 30 days. My Costco will take anything back, at anytime and for any reason(I have a friend that took back an LCD TV after using it for a year and they gave him a full refund). They will also give you a full refund for opened DVDs. That's one of the top selling points of Costco, their extremely easy return policy.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks