Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SVS Help. Two to Four question?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   JoelM

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 10:06 PM

As I type this I have two SVS 25-31 CS+'s going into a Sampson 1000 amp. Now I want to buy two more SVS PCI 25-31's since they have the same driver as the CS+'s. The problem I think I'm going to have is connected them and this is where you come in. Exactly how can I do this? Is there a 3 female to one male cable so I can plug all 3 outgoing sub cable's(2 from the PCI's, 1 from the CS+'s) into my Denon 3805?

I figure this upgrade would benefit me more then going with two higher models. Less expensive. The bass should be twice as loud because I'm doubling the power and drivers correct? I want the earth to move. What exactly happened to the B4? Is it still offered?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 12 2006 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
As I type this I have two SVS 25-31 CS+'s ......I want to buy two more SVS PCI 25-31's since they have the same driver as the CS+'s.
The CS Plus and the PCi do NOT use the same driver.

-Robert

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   SethH

SethH

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted January 12 2006 - 12:46 AM

What exactly happened to the B4? Is it still offered?

You may want to hold off for a couple months. I seem to remember either Ron or Tom posting that they are working on a replacement for the B4 which I would presume would use the Ultra drivers instead of the plus. You might email them and ask if the B4 is available or if something similar will be available soon.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted January 12 2006 - 03:45 AM

Robert_J is correct. I think you are confusing the PCi with the PC+, which does use the Plus driver. If that's the kind of oomph you're looking for, why not just move up to something like a pair of Ultras?

I believe what I heard about the B4s was that SVS's cabinet maker for the B4 went out of business I believe, so they are looking for a new one.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   JoelM

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted January 12 2006 - 08:11 AM

Would 2 Ultra's really yield that much more output then my 2 CS+'s and 2 PC-Pluses?

Whoops I screwed up. I ment 2 PC-Plus. Those are the same drivers correct?

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 12 2006 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
Would 2 Ultra's really yield that much more output then my 2 CS+'s and 2 PC-Pluses?
No. Bass is about moving air. The ultra's would sound better when pushed to their limits but with 4 plus drivers, they will all be operating in their comfort zone. What are you trying to accomplish? More "kick you in the gut" uppper bass or more "rattle your fillings" low end? Have you calibrated your system? Have you measured the FR of your current sub setup? You may have an un-even response down low and can easily fix what you are missing with a $100 EQ.

Quote:
I ment 2 PC-Plus. Those are the same drivers correct?
Yes. If you really want bass, you need to stop by the DIY section. We'll put you on the right path.

-Robert

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   JoelM

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted January 12 2006 - 09:43 AM

Yeah the subs are all calibrated, and it's a smooth response. I need more kick then the current. It's also a 20x30 room so I think I may pull the trigger.

It's funny because at one time I was going to build an infinate baffle with 16 Tempest drivers. Times have changed.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   JoelM

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted January 12 2006 - 09:59 AM

Back on subject here:

Would I just connect the 2 PC Pluses into a Y-splitter then use the male side into another y-splitter and the other two CS+'s (from Sampson amp) into the other side of that splitter then go into the Denon 3805? Here's a diagram:

Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,550 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted January 12 2006 - 11:39 AM

I don't think it matters if you go splitter 1 -> splitter 2 -> PC+1 & 2 or the way you list; the end result should be the same.

I think maybe you should talk to Frank who has the dual B4s Posted Image
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Forum Nav Content I Follow