What's new

Nissan Murano (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I am considering buying a Nissan Murano. Do any of you drive a Murano or know someone who does? What is your opinion of the Murano?

I went to epinions. Some people say great gas mileage, some people say terrible gas mileage??!! Other than that, most seem to like it.

Basically I want to know if it is dependable and if maintenance costs, tune-ups and major repairs will cost more for this model than for other vehicles.

I am getting rid of my Mits 3000GT, which required spending a small fortune to do something as basic as getting a tune up or buying new tires. I had enough of that already.

Any thoughts?

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Don't own one (I drive a Honda CRV) but it scored well with Consumer Reports with above average comments for fuel economy and handling. On the downside, they faulted its rearward visibility and its need for premium fuel.

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
A freind of mine has one and has had a few problems with it. He had to get a new transmission put in about one year of ownership. He has also had a few electrical type problems with it. But all of this has been under warranty and has not had to pay out of his pocket. But overall, he likes the car and loves to drive it. It gets about average gas mileage for an SUV its size and drives and rides very nice.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I have the VQ30 in my 96 maxima and put in 93 oct. On the inside of my gas door it says "Use premium fuel for maximum performance." Just depends on how you drive maybe. :)

It has a CVT tranny corect? Pretty neat considering the VQ is a pretty torquey motor. I wonder if the drive is smooth as silk.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
test drove it then test drove the pathfinder then test drove the Armada.. i ended up getting the armada. but the murano has better handling of them all. i pick the armada just because it's roomier than the other 2 choices i had and also of the engine -->V8.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks