Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How Does MTM Season 3 look ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 03:09 AM

Mary Tyler Moore Season 3 was just released. Season 2 was prepared for release before Season 1 was released . When sales of Season 1 were soft Fox delayed the release of Season 2 for years. This we all know.

Does the video on Season 3 compare to seasons 1 and 2 ?

Are the shows uncut?
I am mistaken. Amazon and DVD Empire show a 1/17/05 release date. I saw the set at Tower Records in Lincoln Center NYC and assumed it had been released.
I guess Tower put it out early.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Derek K.

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 04:20 AM

Saw it also at Tower, Lincoln Center. Whoops!

No extras this time around.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 04:28 AM

I don't know (since I won't be getting it until next Tuesday), but I do have to say that the Season 3 cover is the best one so far.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIPThe all-new drama from the creator of THE WEST WING and SPORTS NIGHTPremiering this fall on NBCThe last five minutes of St. Elsewhere is the only television show, ever. Everything else is a daydream.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

• 786 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 07:08 AM

I have the set; the picture quality on the episodes I've watched is as good as the first two seasons, and the episodes I've watched are uncut (25 minutes, 30 seconds).

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 11 2006 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
I doubt this is even Mary's body. It could be I guess;

Well...IF anyone is going to know....it'd be Dave! Posted Image

I could never tell if that's her frame or not...but those legs are mighty, mighty long (like hers). That head does look rather unnatural on that body, though. Kinda reminds me of that infamous TV Guide cover where they stuck Oprah's head on Ann-Margret's body (of all people!).

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 03:57 PM

Quote:
The S.3 cut-&-paste cover is by far the worst of the three seasons thus far. Horribly awkward- and contorted-looking. And she's sitting in mid-air. (I doubt this is even Mary's body. It could be I guess; but this is a miserable photoshop paste job IMO.)
I agree. It looks as though they tried to imply that she is "sitting" inside the crook of the letter "M". It doesn't quite work. It would have been better to have Mary sitting atop the "M", but that would require a much smaller image of her. I at least like the consistency of using the "M" as the backdrop for all the covers.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 16 2006 - 06:13 AM

Quote:
Well...IF anyone is going to know....it'd be Dave!

I cannot believe I got away with that crack and that its been five days without comment from David (that MTM-lovin' obsessor)! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted January 16 2006 - 07:52 AM

My S.3 copy is in the mail, Mike. Posted Image

And I've requested a "Special Order" S.3 box that has this cover art on it (think FOX will oblige me?):

Posted Image

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 16 2006 - 10:18 AM

"who can turn the world on with her smile...."

It's all about the hip belt, ain't it, Dave?! Posted Image

My wife always used to make fun of the guy in the picture behind her. He was ALWAYS in the newsroom...but never seem to get in many conversations with Lou, Ted, Murray or Mary. Figure he was an outcast or something? You, I bet, know quite a lot about him, David?!

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted January 16 2006 - 10:50 AM

Mike.......

Well, I'm not sure if the guy behind Mary in the above pic is this fellow or not -- but I know that Benjamin Chulay (the son of MTM and Dick Van Dyke Show director/executive John Chulay) is one of the guys who keeps running in and out of the newsroom. (I think that Benjamin might be the blond-haired young fellow we see all the time, who never says a word, but I'm not sure about that.)

In one of the MTM DVD commentaries the info re. John Chulay's son being an MTM "extra" is talked about.

Ben has his own IMDB page, and is listed as "Pete" in two 4th-year MTM episodes (I think he might have a few words to say in those shows too). He was an Editor on several TV shows too. .......

http://imdb.com/name/nm0161085/

Forum Nav Content I Follow