when a stranger calls

Uhggg

R~

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I saw poseiden at the the start of kong. cuoldn't believe how crappy it looked, in light of the horrid TV version that got cut down from a 2 parter to a single TVM. Even more heart breaking is Andre Braugher was featured in the trailer. One of my favorite actors, reduced to "Welcome to my mighty ship" guy.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I actually thought Poseidon looked great.

Considering the major talent involved (Kurt Russell, Richard Dreyfuss, Director Wolfgang Peterson etc..), I think it will turn out to be a blocbuster. :emoji_thumbsup:

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
"The Hills Have Eyes" opens in March, I believe. I've seen a poster at my local theater, but I haven't seen a trailer yet.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

This is the only upcoming remake that I plan on ever seeing. The original film is a true classic, certainly the best thing Wes Craven has ever done, and while it doesn't need a remake in the least, I'll watch anything Alexandre Aja does.

The Black Christmas and The Hitcher remakes are the ones that really boil my blood, as the original films are my two favorite horror films. I'd bet anything that the braindead masses will say the Black Christmas remake is a ripoff of the When a Stranger Calls remake too.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Neither film in the original post are exactly "original" themselves so another version won't kill anyone.

As Justin said, THE HILLS HAVE EYES is one of my favorite movies of all time but I'm really looking forward to the remake. Even if it's one of the worst films of the year it'll still be miles better than the horrid sequel, which really shouldn't have been made.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I thought the exact same thing about Black Christmas and When a Stranger Calls, knowing both would be remade.

I think The Hills Have Eyes is Craven's second best film after A Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm not exactly enthusiastic about a remake, but I'll go see it because I always give remakes a chance. I've only really despised two from the past two years: Amityville Horror and The Fog.

Arjan S

Agent
So which classic Horror movies fro 70's and 80's are left to be remade:

1)Halloween. I hope they don't remake it, but with a cool name and music an October opening could be profitable and irresistible to studios.

2)Friday the 13th. Might be redundant with franchise still going with Jason vs Freddy and Jason X

3)Nightmare on elm street. Same as above.

4)Evil Dead. I read rumors a remake is in the works but I don't know for sure.

5)The Exorcist. Sort of redone with Emily Rose.

6)Jaws. Sort of redone with Deep Blue Sea , Open Water and others.

7)An American Werewolf. They might not redo it with American Werewolf in Paris done recently.

8)Shinning. Could be a moneymaker But it'll never top Kubrick.

9)Wickerman. I heard it's being done with Nic Cage.

10)The Thing. I haven't heard anything

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Evil Dead remake isn't happening, last I heard. And of all those movies you listed, I would bet Halloween gets the treatment first, because there's already been rumblings. I just saw the original Nightmare on my local college campus, and even though I've probably seen it a 100 times, it still strikes me as one of the greatest horror films of all time, so I would really be upset at a remake. No one can play Freddy except Robert Englund.

I would add "Phantasm" to that list, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a remake. And "Pumpkinhead."

Getting back to "The Hills Have Eyes," I just realized that the director of the remake directed "High Tension," so I'm a little more interested. The first half of that film, before the big twist
has some of the most suspensful sequences I've seen in a while, and the original "Hills" thrives off of suspense. So we'll see.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
even though the movie came out in japan in 2002, "Pulse" is coming out in march i think the kristen bell (veronica mars) and ian summerhander (boone on lost)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
That reminds me...I think they're doing a remake of "The Eye," a pretty good Japanese horror movie.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Yesterday, I read in a copy of Rolling Stone magazine (from a few months ago) that LL Cool J has obtained the rights to remake Fatal Attraction for the first film in a contract he recently signed with Lion's Gate.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
What? No mention of Scorsese's remake of "Infernal Affairs"? Just saw the original, and thought it was an interesting movie, but has potential to be even better.

Jason

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

You have got to be F***king kidding me................ Good freaking god.....................................

R~

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the Eye dvd has a blurb on it that says tom cruise has the rights to an american version of that one.

the thing is already a remake so if they do that again is it still a remake?

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

That's right. I was thinking Japan because so many other movies like "The Ring" and "The Grudge" are originally Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks