-

Photo
- - - - -

PS2 through component

PlayStation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 JeffreyJohnston

JeffreyJohnston

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted January 10 2006 - 08:31 AM

Hello all. New to the forum so if I'm posting this in the wrong section, don't kill me Posted Image Anyway, I just upgraded to HDTV the other day (Sony 55" Grand Wega 3LCD KDF-E55A20) and well when I'm playing a source through my PS2 or my DVD player, the video cuts out for a second and comes back. It will do this a lot during playback from these sources. My xbox doesn't do that at all. It's all running through a Sore System Selector Pro 2.0 so I can switch component video. All 3 devices are hooked component as well. I have noticed though, that PS2 games that are in 480P or 1080i it doesn't do it as often. Any ideas on what it could be? Already checked all cables and none loose. I ran RG-6 through the walls from the equipment to the TV and I mached up the colors on the outputs/inputs of the equip and TV.
TAVCON Enterprises Inc.
Metairie, Louisiana 70003
^-Home Theater, Audio/Video, Church Audio, Commercial Audio, Telephone Systems, Alarm Systems, Network Wiring -- Installation, Repairs, Pre-Wiring, Computer Repairs

#2 of 6 rob-h

rob-h

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 04:58 AM

PS@ cant do 1080i that I am aware of.

#3 of 6 Paul Simmons

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted January 18 2006 - 07:44 AM

Hmmm, in the PS2 settings menu, did you set it to Y,Cb/Pb,Cr/Pr? Also in the menu change the screen size to 16:9 as well.

Let us know if this helps!

#4 of 6 JeffreyJohnston

JeffreyJohnston

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted January 18 2006 - 07:49 AM

Yes. I set those settings first thing. And even with the PS2 in 16:9, the image still doesn't take the whole screen. It's short on the left and right by a little bit.
TAVCON Enterprises Inc.
Metairie, Louisiana 70003
^-Home Theater, Audio/Video, Church Audio, Commercial Audio, Telephone Systems, Alarm Systems, Network Wiring -- Installation, Repairs, Pre-Wiring, Computer Repairs

#5 of 6 Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator

• 249 posts

Posted January 18 2006 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
PS@ cant do 1080i that I am aware of.

Gran Turismo 4 has a 1080i mode. It's actually 960i upscaled image.

#6 of 6 TonyTone

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

• 728 posts

Posted January 20 2006 - 06:41 AM

Jeffrey--although I don't have the video cut-outs you've experienced, I can tell you that the underscans on the left- and right-hand side of the screen are more or less the "norm" when it comes to PS2; I have the same issue on my 50" Panasonic plasma, my 36" Sony XBR tube TV, and my Sony 27" XBR tube...regardless of which connection type (composite/component/S-video) I'm using to hook up my PS2 to the display. I should add however that this is with my first-gen PS2 console; I don't know if the current-gen PS2 models have compensated for left/right underscan...also, some displays don't have as much--if any, at all--underscan so the PS2 images fill the screen completely. Some PS2 games will allow you to adjust the over/underscan, but just for that particular game only.