What's new

Car Kits and Battery Drain (1 Viewer)

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Apologies if this isn't the correct are to post this.

The instruction booklet that came with the care adapter for the receiver said that leaving the power supply connected could drain the car battery. Is it safe to assume that this would only happen if the receiver is left on?

This is in my wife's car so I would hate to have her get a dead battery.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Brent T

Second Unit
Matt,

I think they have to put this in just as a warning. I have left mine on over night and there wasnt a problem. However I would assume if you left it on for a week while on vacation with out starting the car you would drain the battery at some point.

LewB

Screenwriter
If you plug the radio into the cigarette lighter and the lighter stays 'on' even with the car turned off, then I guess this could be an issue if the battery was weak and you left the radio on after shutting off the car.
I had not seen a car like this until I helped a friend install a Sirius radio in his VW. I've always owned Japanese cars and the lighter is off when the key is removed.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the responses. It puts my mind at ease. My wife would freak if she had a dead battery! LOL.

peter_van

Grip
I have an A4 and the lighter power stays on when the car is off. If I forget to unplug or turn off my sirius one, it will drain away. It has drained my battery once so far.

Annoying ;-)

P

Steve Blair

Second Unit
Some guy on sirusbackstage.com said he left his s50 on in the car for 4 days and the car still started. So, if he was correct I'd say you have nothing to worry about if you have a decent battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks