What's new

Two XM Radio Questions (1 Viewer)

steveKlein

Agent
I was just curious... I'm about to get XM radio and am leaning towards the Delphi MyFi. Was wondering if anyone had any comments on this piece of hardware. I will use it as a portable (between classes on my college campus) and some in my car.

Also... I was wondering if the subscription fee to XM includes all the channels or do you have to pay extra for some of the content like Opie & Anthony?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

No, everything is included with the fee. XM used to charge extra for O&A, but not anymore.

Jason

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
I've had that model for about 6 months now. Very complete package, well built and works pretty well. The UI on it could use some improvement (eg: no button on the remote to step through the preset channels) but I got used to it pretty quick.

My car has XM built-in, so I don't use it in the car tho' a colleague of mine at work does and she loves it. Mine spends 90% of its time sitting on the shelf 18" from me connected to a receiver and speakers. Works wonderfully in that mode. I've used it in mobile mode and had mixed results. I get virtually nothing without the separate "wearable" antenna though with the antenna reception is pretty good in most areas right around my neighborhood. Reception depends on lots of things that all add up to geography and whether there are any ground station repeaters around. Just remember that you have to have a line of sight to the satellites or reception will suffer. Of course, one way around that is to use the "to go" feature to record a couple hours on the MyFi and use it in playback mode while mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks