-

Photo
- - - - -

Malcolm in the Middle??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 LoriB

LoriB

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 11:20 AM

Anyone know if there will be further releases? seems like more of the season sets would have been released by now--what about Survivor ? Look s like they are releasing the Series out of order since Pearl Islands is coming out already--but Africa, Amazon etc have not been listed for re;ease and I really would like those sets!!

#2 of 11 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 01:38 PM

Season one sold well enough, but music rights are keeping Malcolm seasons 2+ from coming out...

Don't expect anything anytime soon, although fox is apparently working on it.

#3 of 11 Jay_B!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 04:16 PM

Fox really blew it with this show. The show was still popular when Fox released season 1, but the popularity of the show has seen a sharp downturn in the past few seasons and it likely will be axed in May, Fox should've tried to capitalize on the show when it was hot

#4 of 11 Jim_Chamberlin

Jim_Chamberlin

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 09 2006 - 01:27 PM

I agree. The delay has likely cost them millions of dollars in revenue here. The popularity just isn't there anymore. Sadly, too many shows are affected by music rights problems.

#5 of 11 Eric_R.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted January 10 2006 - 05:26 AM

They changed the timespot that I just can't find the time to watch them on Fridays. Fox seems to have that problem with lots of shows.

#6 of 11 Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted October 25 2006 - 09:21 AM

Is music clearance really the issue with this show not being on DVD? I don't recall it having that many songs in it. Seems like every Scrubs episode has at least two or three songs, and that show's on DVD.

#7 of 11 David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,093 posts

Posted October 25 2006 - 06:37 PM

I believe that some newer shows are negotiating to have the rights to use songs both on the broadcast versions as well as the subsequent DVD releases. Malcolm began before that would ever have been thought of. I want this entire series but I'm not holding my breath. I'd be happy if they would just put it back on one of the satellite channels so I could watch it again.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#8 of 11 Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit

• 418 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted October 26 2006 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
I'd be happy if they would just put it back on one of the satellite channels so I could watch it again.

Not sure if it's exactly a satellite channel, but FX is supposed to be getting the airing rights to the show sometime next year. That's all I know about that.

Anyway, I'm one of those who owns the first season and I'm still shocked that seasons 2 and beyond have not seen the light of day yet. It's a great show, and if it's because of music rights, then somebody needs to calm down the record companies.

Then again, if that happened, we would've seen both those and The Wonder Years on DVD a long time ago (Just bringing up an example).
"...so here we go." --"Punch-Drunk Love"

Last 5 Blu-Rays Purchased: The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996), Reality Bites: 20th Anniversary Edition (1994), Mallrats (1995), Her (2013), I Love You, Man (2009)

# of Blu-Rays and DVDs in my Collection (Combined): 1231

#9 of 11 Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted December 07 2006 - 02:59 PM

If anyone from Fox is listening, please register another vote in favor of seasons 2-7 on DVD!!!!!

#10 of 11 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,249 posts

Posted December 08 2006 - 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Chamberlin
The popularity just isn't there anymore.
I think it's still popular, a show that runs for 7 seasons is popular, IMO. Surely it's not forgotten, by fans nor Fox.

#11 of 11 Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted December 11 2006 - 05:08 AM

In my area (Seattle) the local Fox affiliate has a 2-hour rerun block every weeknight, 6-8 pm, with 2 episodes of MALCOLM and 2 of SIMPSONS. Interest in the DVDs may have been higher while the show was still on in first run, but I guarantee interest has not dried up completely.

Forum Nav Content I Follow