What's new

Mac Screensaver question (1 Viewer)

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
so i finally got a mac, and, of course, i am loving it. anywho, i noticed the abstract "punch-drunk love" type screensaver, and i thought it would be a perfect menu on some personal dvds i am making for some friends.

would anyone happen to know how to make mac screensavers into movie files that could be used as a menu on iDVD?

i know it's a complicated question, but it would help me out a lot if someone out there could help me out.

thanks.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Image files can be imported into both iDVD and iMovie. The screensaver images that come preinstalled in OS X are in the /Library/Desktop Pictures/ directory. When you import an image into iMovie, it actually creates a five second movie file of the still image that you can export to a QuickTime file.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
yeah, but would it be able to do the animation that it does for the screen saver? or would i have to customize the animation myself with the still images?

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Not sure what animation you're referring to. If you are talking about the gentle zooming in and out and moving about the screen that Apple refers to as the "Ken Burns Effect" the answer is yes, you can do it. When you are in iMovie select "iMovie HD Help" from the Help menu and type in "Ken Burns Effect"

Users who are viewing this thread