What's new

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly:CE for $9.99 @ Best Buy (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Found this quite unintentionally tonight while perusing the stand-alone displays. I'd been wanting this for a while, just couldn't bring myself to ante up for it.

...Well, in the rack was the older version that I've had for a while. What caught my attention was the wording in the shelf sales strip: The Collector's Edition. Knowing that the older disc wasn't the CE, I immediately retrieved the CE from the 'Westerns' section and compared the SKU numbers. Sure enough, the numbers matched! When the cashier rung it up, showing $21.99, I told her the story. She had someone double check it,and he pulled the price strip, tore the appropriate section off and sent me to the front to redeem it at that price.

He was quite disturbed that it wasn't the older version he thought it needed to be. You may wish to check your local Best Buy quickly if you don't have this disc!

To add to my elation, I also found "House of Flying Daggers", reg. $19.99 for $9.99.

That's $21.99 /9.99
+ 19.99 /9.99
-------- -----
41.98 for 19.98.

Oh, yeah! Did I mention that I used a $20 gift card from my wife?(Christmas gift) So, friends, with tax, I made out like a bandit ... my total out-of-pocket expenses ... $1.48!!

I've never had that kind of luck!

A similar thing happened to me with the Sin City CE that recently came out. Someone at Best Buy accidentally placed the label for the original set of Sin City by the CE and so it looked like the CE was only $19.99. Since there were about ten sets with that price tag in front of them, they were forced to give me the set for that price. I was already buying two copies of it, which means I made out really well. At that point, they were selling it for $30. I managed to get $10 off on each set. Needless to say, I was happy. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks