Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Movies where you wanted more at the ending...(spoilers)..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 of 58 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 07:41 AM

Have you ever watched a movie and at the end you wanted some more story/explaination? My wife & I just watched Mr & Mrs.Smith and felt like the movie ended weird...like me missed something.

But, the movie I really wished had more at the ending was "School Ties". At the end it comes out that Brendan Frasiers character didn't cheat. I wanted more than his little conversation with Matt Damon and him walking away. I wanted to see how the other kids react when they all find out. Not that it would change the ones who hate him. Just felt I wanted some more story. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 58 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 08:44 AM

Memento immediately comes to my mind.

I did not realize the pun in this statement until later....
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#3 of 58 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 08:57 AM

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (joke)

I would have to go with "Eyes Wide Shut". It was all leading up to something great and then... BAM... over.

#4 of 58 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 09:14 AM

There is one answer to this question that stands head and shoulders above all others:

Blow Up
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#5 of 58 OFFLINE   BrettGallman

BrettGallman

Screenwriter

• 1,392 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 04:57 PM

Even though it's part of my favorite series of all time, I always wished the ending of Return of the Jedi were a little stronger. The SE has gone a long way in improving it; I just wish the final shot was a bit more thoughtful or powerful. As it is, it just seems like everyone is gathering for a high school group shot (as someone on this forum put it once before, I think). It wouldn't be bad if the final shot were changed to the 3 Jedi spirits, in my opinion.
Oh, the Horror - Horror Reviews from All Decades and All Sub-Genres!
Balls Academy -  Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
Other recent reviews: Super | Thor Tobacco RoadSource Code | Sucker Punch |

#6 of 58 OFFLINE   dailW

dailW

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 05:01 PM

godfather 3

#7 of 58 OFFLINE   Joel Stein

Joel Stein

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 05:36 PM

Just about every Hammer horror movie. Plop! the body hits the ground and/or poof! the house goes up in flames, and the credits immediately roll. Jeez, even only a quick line from a surviving good guy about what has transpired over the previous hour and a half would give a little more sense of closure, rather than having the curtain drop while you are still processing what just happened.

#8 of 58 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 02:22 AM

Brett, I agree with you regarding ROTJ. In a similar note. I would have liked a little more reaction from Leia about Luke being her brother and more importantly being Vader being Daddy.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 58 OFFLINE   Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 02:51 AM

Matrix: Revolutions. Just a little more time on the implications of everything that happened, since they went so against what we were expecting.

#10 of 58 OFFLINE   Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 06:24 AM

Man On Fire

I realize the film is 2 and half hours long, but the final few minutes happen too fast. At this point you are so drawn into the film, that you want it to go on for another 20 minutes or so.

#11 of 58 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted January 05 2006 - 06:41 AM

I was expecting a whole lot more to happen by the end of Crash (2005).
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#12 of 58 OFFLINE   Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 07:17 AM

Quote:
Man On Fire

Man, the ending of that film left me sad for Washingtons character. I haven't been able to watch the movie since, and I LOVED the rest of the movie.

As for more, I'd like to see more Matrix and I'm sure Star Wars movies could come out every 3 years.

Castaway - I really wanted to see how Hanks character responded to coming back from being isolated for years. Just being around people, watching TV again, driving a car, hell even using a toilet again.

#13 of 58 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,281 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 10:32 AM

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (no joke)

I wanted to see the summations for the Members of the Fellowship and would have loved to see Old Sam go to the Grey Havens.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#14 of 58 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,583 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted January 05 2006 - 11:15 AM

When I first saw Se7en I was disappointed with the end. I didn't necessarily want it to be gorier than the preceding crimes, but there was something missing.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#15 of 58 OFFLINE   Kain_C

Kain_C

Screenwriter

• 1,036 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 02:51 PM

The Big Country. Great movie but ends waaaay abruptly.

#16 of 58 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 01:12 AM

I forgot another more recent movie...Broken Flowers. I am sorry. Maybe, I am just not into the art movies. But, myself, wife, friends and from what I heard other people murmering...."Did we miss something?". I thought maybe they lost a reel to the film. Posted Image

Or it could be that the director Jarmush was too busy doing reshoots on the nude scene with that girl Posted Image that he forgot to write the ending. Posted Image

#17 of 58 OFFLINE   Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor

• 532 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 05:41 AM

Todd,

These movies like Broken Flowers are to a certain extent ink-blot tests onto which the viewer projects his or her own meaning. That said, I don't think it could have ended any way other than it did and made any sense at all.

Bill Murray's character wasn't going to suddenly find meaning in his life just because he made contact with the son he never knew he had. Plus, I think the whole thing was a setup by Julie Delpy's character anyway.

#18 of 58 OFFLINE   AlexCremers

AlexCremers

Second Unit

• 432 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 05:49 AM

When I first saw Se7en I was disappointed with the end. I didn't necessarily want it to be gorier than the preceding crimes, but there was something missing.

So you did want a UFO to come out of Spacey's head?!

#19 of 58 OFFLINE   Janna S

Janna S

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 06:23 AM

Limbo. Of course, that was the point of the film. But still, I wanted more . . .

#20 of 58 OFFLINE   Josh.C

Josh.C

Second Unit

• 469 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 03:18 PM

Castaway is a good call. Although a very lengthy film, I too would have liked a little more of "life after the island"

A few more that come to mind are "The 13th Warrior", and "Gangs of New York". Thought both of the final fights were done way too fast. I wanted more.