-

Photo

Any hope of Planes Trains & Automobiles SE?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted January 02 2006 - 08:34 AM

I know there are deleted scenes; and there were no features on the current release.

Any hope of an SE?
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Jake Yenor

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted January 02 2006 - 08:45 AM

If one does come out it would be around thanksgiving time I suspect.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,016 posts

Posted January 02 2006 - 09:31 AM

paramount is re-releasing ferris beuer day off.. its possible that they might revisit planes, trains, and auto.

JACOB

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted January 02 2006 - 10:56 AM

I'd buy an improved dvd faster than Del Griffith can take off his socks in an airplane, but I'm not holding my breath waiting, like I would be on the plane. Posted Image
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 07:58 PM

Do I see a "Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Special Edition" being released? No...

A "Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Those Aren't Pillows! Edition"? Maybe...

This is a Paramount title, mind you. Posted Image

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted January 07 2006 - 12:30 AM

One of the sweetest films ever made, i'd definitely be up for a revisit of this classic. Posted Image

Some other title suggestions for the dvd...

...I Can Take Anything Edititon.

...Go With the Flow Edition.

...Your Messin' with the Wrong Guy! Edition.

...Three-Legged Ballerina Edition.

...Rosey Fucking Cheeks Editon. Well, maybe not.

Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 02:17 AM

Hell they can call it the ...I've been wearing the same underwear since Tuesday edition for all I care, so long as they come out with a great special edition with great PQ and deleted scenes.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 10:45 AM

Considering the lackluster job put into the so-called "special edition" of Ferris Bueller, I wouldn't count on getting much with an eventual Planes SE. I'd really be shocked to see ANY deleted scenes on it, let alone the legendary 3-hour cut Hughes has mentioned before. It seems that none of Hughes' 80s comedies have received the treatment they deserve on DVD. I'm still waiting for the much-requested Breakfast Club SE too. Posted Image

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 836 posts

Posted October 19 2009 - 09:54 AM

Apparently, the SE comes out tomorrow. Any reviews posted anywhere?

There is a two-minute clip from one of the featurettes on Amazon's page. Looks good: vintage press conference footage from the airport set and it looks like Edie McClurg and Michael McKean have been interviewed but no sign of Steve Martin (so far).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JIOOAI/ref=cm_rdp_product

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts

Posted October 21 2009 - 03:36 AM

Quote:
Apparently, the SE comes out tomorrow. Any reviews posted anywhere?
Paramount has stopped sending review product to the majority of websites out there...the larger sites like DVDTalk still seem to be getting product for review, but I know first-hand they've just stopped sending out both DVDs and Blu-Rays to most of us. Doesn't seem to matter if it's a big time title like "Transformers 2" or a catalog title like "Chinatown" either -- all they say is that their product is "limited," and they don't know if it's "permanent or temporary," which is probably code for "we're running out of money and are cutting back whereever we can."

Could very well be a sign of the fiscal problems the studio is having (which resulted in that Scorsese film being pushed into next year apparently)...

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Richardson 

Paramount has stopped sending review product to the majority of websites out there...the larger sites like DVDTalk still seem to be getting product for review, but I know first-hand they've just stopped sending out both DVDs and Blu-Rays to most of us. Doesn't seem to matter if it's a big time title like "Transformers 2" or a catalog title like "Chinatown" either -- all they say is that their product is "limited," and they don't know if it's "permanent or temporary," which is probably code for "we're running out of money and are cutting back whereever we can."

Could very well be a sign of the fiscal problems the studio is having (which resulted in that Scorsese film being pushed into next year apparently)...

The review on DVDtalk is up, but Paramount did not send the DVD to the DVDtalk reviewer, they stated in the review they purchased the item from Target.

Looks like the extras are so,so but the video has improved dramatically over the previous release.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   ricktech12

ricktech12

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted October 23 2009 - 06:45 AM

The slipcover is also lenticular I believe.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,016 posts

Posted October 24 2009 - 05:46 AM

I picked up a copy from amazon. I got it on friday. the PQ is much better then before. the same print that they used for the HD. the extras are okay. very light.

Jacob