What's new

GROSSE POINTE on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Awe. Some.

This, folks, was funny, funny stuff - Darren Starr's willingness to bite the hand that had fed him very, very well was something to behold, the show was blackly hilarious and sometimes disarmingly sweet.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I was surprised when I saw this on David's list. I remember seeing "Grosse Pointe" on the WB. I don't know if I would buy it, but I'll consider it. Will the cast be involved in the commentary tracks? (Especially Kyle Howard, and Lindsay Sloane? I would love to see him comment on his role.)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my God! I never expected to see this show even discussed in a forum, let alone see it come to DVD! Wow. So friggin' unexpected.
So,who's character was everyone's favourite? Mine was the girl who played Valerie in Sabrina-the Teenage Witch (I can't even remember her name!)
Great news! All that voting for it must have helped guys!
-James

LCD22

Screenwriter
Lindsay Sloane played Valerie on "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch". I don't remember her character's name in this show. As for my favorite character, it was Dave (Kyle Howard).

That's right, Marcy was the character Lindsay Sloane played. I just looked it up.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This is a pleasant surprise. The show was just beginning to catch on and they cancelled it! I hate the WB...! (Well I hate FOX too for the same reason). My favorite character was Dave because that was basically my life; I actually used to do extra work and stand-in work on Melrose Place and 90210, among other things. This show was REAL close to home for me!

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Loved this and its been on my wishlist of unreleased things that i want. I have all the episodes on tape but so excited for dvd release if even it is Sony.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for finding out Lindsay Sloane's name Chris! I hope that she does a commentary track on it. It would be great!
-James

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I got an e-mail update about Grosse Pointe almost four days ago from TVshowsOnDVD.com and finally got around to reading it.

The synopsis in the body of the e-mail said, "Sony has pulled the series off the schedule." Then of course it prompts you to click the link to check out the full news on the site. The link is dead though, and it seems like the news item no longer exists. It's "News ID" in the link is 5040. There's a 5039 (the Star Trek: TNG news) and 5041 (The Triange mini-series news), but no 5040. No Grosse Pointe news.

Anyone know what's up with that?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The news items said that the release had been delayed but not cancelled so not to worry. I don't know why the link is suddenly broken. Try it later or email them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sony asked us to pull the info back off the site for a bit, because they belatedly realized that they had not yet informed everybody behind-the-scenes who needed to be told about the change. They certainly didn't want those people finding out about it "in the media". In short, the set is delayed for now, no new date yet. We'll re-post the news soon, and post the new date when we get it. Sorry for the confusion.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I probably won't get a chance to find out until the new date is set and the info about the set is reposted at Sony's password-protected press site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks