What's new

TSoD probabilities list for 2006 (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
The list:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4811

The really good (for me)...most already known (strongly rumored or officially announced):

The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr.
Alien Nation (day after tomorrow!!!)
Charles In Charge
Get Smart
Gomer Pyle, USMC
Perfect Strangers
Rising Damp

The bad:

No mention of "The Closer"

All in all, it looks like it's going to be a very good year!

Thanks for all the efforts, Dave and Gord. Please know how much we all appreciate all that you two do.

Ditto for the guys here are HTF too, of course.

:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Linda.

re: "The Closer". Remember, just because it's not on the list, doesn't mean it won't come out next year! :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
why hope something comes out NEXT year, we have a good 8-9 months before all the December 2006 titles are announced :)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Oops...how could I forget to include one of my other BIG long-time wants...WINGS?!?

Dave: I'd be really surprised if The Closer didn't come out this year, but I guess I'm just anxious for some encouraging news... I'll take your just-ambiguous-enough comment (not a promise, I fully realize) as such... Thanks! :)

Ditto for me, as noted by my list. There are a few others I may pick up somewhere down the line, but those I listed are the definites. Of course, fewer NEW series this year may give me (and my wallet) a chance to catch up on some of what's already out that I've been lagging on...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

D'oh! I meant the next 12 months, of course! :b

Linda, I honestly know nothing about The Closer coming to DVD, so please don't get false hope on my account. I agree, though, that success of new shows in the ratings will probably turn into a DVD release over the off-season to help promote the next season of a newer show. Uh, did that make sense? :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Does the source for the Hawaii Five-0 rumors make any mention about format? Are you thinking season sets or a Gunsmoke-esque best of?

Rick P

Supporting Actor
SHE SPIES!??

Very good (but they smegging well better be the WIDESCREEN versions, yes, the show was shot wide)

No MAX HEADROOM?

No JAKE 2.0???

No Andy Richter???

grrrr....

BTW.. did you know that it was so good that FOX got "Greg the Bunny" out on DVD.. in FULL FRAME.. and it's happily airing on HDNet in 16:9??

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
David, do you know whatever ever happened to the Woody Woodpecker Show after Universal teased it on a flyer and has there been any talk at all about McHale's Navy being released this year?

Paul

Christi P

Agent
Thanks so much for compiling the list!

I'm getting:

Adventures of Brisco County
Get Smart
Mission : Impossible
Odyssey 5
She Spies
Star Trek Animated
Wild Wild West
Wings

(whine) no Birds of Prey? no Karen Sisko? (whine)

Also, is Designing Women not on the list because it previously had a 'best of' release? And are season sets of Kim Possible a possibility (it already has a few episodes on DVD).

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Falcon Crest will make it to DVD this year too. Warners have already stated they were thinking about it along with Knots Landing, which is due out in March.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I want and most likely will be getting these only if in season sets

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
Alice
All-American Girl
Animaniacs
Black Books
Charles in Charge
Dinosaurs!
Doctor Who
Dr. Shrinker
Dungeons & Dragons
Family Affair
Flash
Flying Nun
Get Smart
Gimmie a Break
Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C.
Grounded For Life
Growing Pains
Hardcastle & McCormick
Here Comes the Grump
I Dream of Jeannie
Love Boat
Mama’s Family
Mr. Magoo Show
Perfect Strangers
Phil Silvers Show
Police Squad
Quick Draw McGraw
Scooby-Doo/Dynamutt
Star Trek The Animated Series
Wally Gator
Wings

Still hoping for Fall Guy, Probe, VR5, Tiny Toons, Charlie Chan & the Amazing Chan Clan, Hong Kong Phooey, Strange Luck, Johnny Staccato, Clue Club, Johnny Bago, Hard Time on Planet Earth, The Phoenix, Magilla Gorilla, Just the 10 of Us, Rags to Riches, The Others, Silver Spoons, Day by Day, Family Ties, Two Guys a Girl & a Pizza Place, Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors, She-Ra, Electra-Woman & Dyna-Girl, and The Addams Family among others but this list does go a long way to fulfilling my goals and I shall be very happy.

I am also interested in the chances of the Woody Woodpecker Show and what is holding up the previously planned release of it.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Dave: No...no false hopes need be on your conscience. I've fully expected "The Closer" to hit DVD all along...I'm just glad to know that your instincts about it seem to be in sync with my own. :)

Tory: I also would LOVE "Day By Day"!

One other "not yet on DVD" show for which I still maintain reasonable hope is "Becker". Even though it's not on the 2006 list, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'll have to read thru the list again, more casually, but at first blush there's nothing on the list that "shook my world". I should qualify that by saying nothing I didn't already know about that really got me excited. I will be buying several of the sets (Perry Mason, WWW, Gomer Pyle, Family Affair, and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea for instance), but what really shocks me is the lack of mention of:

THE FUGITIVE
FATHER KNOWS BEST
DANIEL BOONE (which I've heard on great authority will be coming next year)
ROUTE 66

Gary "I just can't believe Paramount has no plans to release the fantastic David Janssen series, and that Sony isn't looking into 'FBK'" O.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
FKB, you mean. :)

I personally feel that Fugitive will be out in '06, but that's just a gut feeling. I have no evidence to back it up. No evidence, no list. But as I said, not being on the list doesn't mean it ain't coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks