Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

yamaha rx-v457

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Daniele

Daniele

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 31 2005 - 11:26 PM

Hi everybody!
This is my first post, I'm a 21 y.o. from italy and I'm building my first Home Theater.

I purchased from a local store a Yamaha rx-v 457 receiver in bundle with a yamaha ns-p116 (6.1) speaker system.

I feel that the receiver needs at least two bigger front speaker, because the ns-p 116 has 6 really small satellite...

I would like to know what do you think of this receiver and what speakers you would suggest! Obviously this is a low budget entry level system...

Thank you!

Daniele

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Daniele

Daniele

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 08:17 AM

Well, i've found two sony speakers that were connected to a small stereo system in my parents room, and plugged them to the yamaha. Now the whole system sounds way better and I can use them with the "B set" feature.

I would like to post a picture but I don't have 15 messages, so if you want go and see it here:

www flickr.com/photos/danieleflorio/82649961/

Thank you even if I didn't received a reply...

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hi Daniele,

Sorry no one responded – I guess everyone was hung over on January 1st! Posted Image

Here’s your picture:

http://static.flickr...dccc22f.jpg?v=0

I can see why those Sonny speakers sound way better! Those Yamaha’s are some of the dinkiest things I’ve ever seen!

You should be happy with the Yamaha – typically a well-made product, typically much more user-friendly than most HT receivers.

Still, the speakers are your weak link, you might want o upgrade them as soon as you can get some money together. And the sub, too – if your parents won’t run you out of the house. When you get ready to buy open a thread on our
Speakers and Subwoofers Forum and I’m sure you’ll get plenty or recommendations.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Daniele

Daniele

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 06 2006 - 09:44 PM

Thank you Wayne!
Yes I'm happy with the Yamaha, the problem now is my speakers, and the old crt tv...when I'll get some money sure I'll open a thread!

Thanks,
Daniele