What's new

Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire announced davisdvd (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Yesterday, DAVISDVD announced the March & release of a two dvd set of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Sounds great, but so far, no one else seems to know about this but them !!
Any one else have news on this or a cover?

R Benson

Auditioning
Comingsoon.net had listed April 4 but just checked again and now has it's release date as March 7.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I hope they have a lot of deleted scenes. I wish they would go the route of the Lord of the Rings movies. Release a theatrical version...then release an extended version with 30-45 minutes of extra footage.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
8 Deleted Scenes. 6 or 7 featurettes and a first for Harry Potter DVDs: an audio commentary with Mike Newell.

There will be a repackaging of all four Harry Potter DVDs but not sure if the first two are going to be in armray cases. And so far, it looks like Goblet of Fire is going the way of Constantine and Batman Begins; Single Disc Fullscreen and Widescreen and 2-Disc Deluxe Edition in Widescreen.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm happy there's going to be three versions. Maybe the two disc edition can have some real extras this time and not a whole lot geared toward little kids. And maybe a better menu system for the second disc than what is on HP 1 and 2.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

Doesn't look to likely:

- Additional Scenes
- Conversations with the Cast
- Preparing for the Yule Ball
- Reflections on the Fourth Film

- Triwizard Tournament: Dragon Arena
* Dragon Challenge
* Harry vs. the Horntail: The First Task
* Meet the Champions

- Triwizard Tournament: Lake
* Lake Challenge
* In Too Deep: The Second Task

- Triwizard Tournament: Maze
* Maze Challenge
* To the Graveyard and Back Challenge
* The Maze: The Third Task
* He Who Must Not Be Named

- PC DVD-Rom Features:
* EA Game Demo
* Hogwarts Timeline

Most of the extras look like kid games to me. About the only worthwhile extra is the Additional Scenes, based on the titles.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I wonder when the HD version is being announced. I bet it will be released pretty close to that date.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I'm with Todd - it would be nice to have a Lord of the Rings situation wherein a theatrical version is released, and an extended/director's cut version is released.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
The deleted scenes looked like crap. Chamber of Secrets had the best set of deleted scenes that were from the book, the rest have been a dissapointment.

But yah a LOTR style extended edition would be awesome but it didn't seem like the newer movies wanted to be as true to the books a possible.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Indeed. I thought Goblet of Fire was magnificent in theaters, and wouldn't really change a thing.
As for the key missing book scenes, most of those were cut at the script stage, so there's no footage to put back in. Glad they kept the spine theme the same as the first three. I like my sets to go together. "Star Wars" looks marvelous with the spines together on my shelf.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
As the books get bigger...They should plan ahead when filming the movie to incorporate an extended cut.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
I checked out Warner Home Video's section where they had "Goblet of Fire" up for pre-order, and I noticed that the technical specifications for the 2-disc edition included "English: Stereo 2S" along with the English and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. I think it's the director's commentary, as the Batman SEs had that track and it turned out to be the director's commentary.

I think the commentary will be there, as the trailer for the 2 Disc Special Edition explicitly mentioned "Filmmaker's Commentary". I think Warner didn't note that on purpose on the press releases and the DVD packaging so that the commentary will be a nice "hidden" feature for those unable to view the trailer who get the SE. And according to a BBC website, the featurettes on the DVD are pretty substantive, ranging from 4-10 minutes in length. And the previews do make it look more substantive and insightful than the previous editions.

Although I don't get why Warner is issuing a single-disc edition alongside it. It seems pretty pointless as none of the previous releases had single-disc releases, and any self-respecting Potter fan will get the 2-disc edition just to maintain continuity with the previous three movies sitting on their shelves. Although it is nice of Warner to give fans a choice for once...

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Warner and their damn 1-disc and 2-disc deluxe releases. It's pretty pointless for this title, since (as Matthew stated) the other Potter movies have been 2-disc sets. They screwed up enough when they switched the packaging with PoA, and they're screwing up again with this multiple version release. Plus, they're doing another Harry Potter Boxed Set. Now there's 2-packs, 3-packs, and 4-packs for sale. What a waste. Make a giant box for whenever the 7 movies are complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks