Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home theater control, PC or Remotes or ???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Todd^B

Todd^B

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted December 29 2005 - 10:48 AM

I am building a new house. I will have several locations with televisions and speakers throughout the house. I will have surround (5.1) in 2 rooms with video, 7.1 in the theater room (obviously with video), in ceiling stereo speakers for televisions in at least 4 rooms, and music piped to about 4 other locations. What would be the best way to control the audio/video sources for every room, so that I can access a large DVD changer, or possibly have a computer system that can store the videos on a hard drive, and also play different sources of music (CD, radio, ...) I have been told of computer controlled systems, but they are very expensive. I have also seen some programmable remotes that will do a number of diffent things with the push of one button. But, I am expecting to have several different units, such as a satellite reciever or two, a DVD/CD player, stereo, maybe VCR and possibly an input for internet radio. Please help. The house is being built now, so this is the time to get the wiring in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users