What's new

WORST FILMS OF 2005...anyone? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I made it through 2005 seeing a lot of good to great films, but there were also a lot of stinkers. What does everyone think? Was were some of you're worst films of the year?

To springboard discussion, here's mine:

DEUCE BIGALOW: EUROPEAN GIGOLO
THE DUKES OF HAZZARD
THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
MAN OF THE HOUSE
xXx: STATE OF THE UNION
MISS CONGENIALITY 2: ARMED AND FABULOUS
RENT
DOMINO
SLAP HER, SHE'S FRENCH (aka - SHE GETS WHAT SHE WANTS)
STEALTH
THE WEDDING DATE

Edited by moderator to remove unauthorized link.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I skimmed through the list. Some very bad films, plus some that I really liked. I was surprised not to see Aeon FLux, Venom, A SOund of THunder, Valiant, A Lot like Love, or Alone in the dark.

This reminds me, I have to startworking on my lists. Some of the ones you chose may be bad, but I neglected to see them in the theater.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
The worst movies I saw this year:

1. Crash (don't even get me started on this one - read Devin's take at CHUD or Moriarty's DVD blog. Both their reactions are pretty similar to mine.)
2. Sahara
3. The Cave
4. Doom
5. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
6. The Dukes of Hazard
7. The Longest Yard
8. The Aritocrats
9. Flightplan
10. The trailer for Stealth

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The bottom 21 of the 130 movies I saw this year, so far. :)

Fantastic Four
Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl
Must Love Dogs
Miss Congenilty 2: Armed and Fabulous
House of Wax
History of Violence
Undiscovered
Fog, The (2005)
Monster-In-Law
Ringer, The
Man, The
Yours, Mine, and Ours (2005)
Underclassman
Bewitched
Dukes of Hazzard, The
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Cave, The
Brothers Grim, The
Doom
Wedding Date, The
Ocean's Twelve
XXX: State of the Union

I am not to sure if I absouletly hated any of the films on the list, there is good in them all. From Doom's 1st person at the end, Underclassmen's cool 'splosions, to House of Wax cool, ummm, wax, and of course XXX 2's, well... Samuel L. Jackson is one Badass motha fu..........

Ryan

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Dukes of Hazzard (what a wasted opportunity)
Fantastic Four (one of the worst movies EVER)
Ocean's 12 (shame since the first one was so good)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (one of my biggest disappointments ever)
Constantine (probably the 'best' worst movie here)
Elektra (can't decide if this is worse than F4)

Oh..

: ) Never saw that one!

Craig J. Koban

Stunt Coordinator
Hey ChrisBEA, I did not get the opportunity to see Aeon Flux, Venom, A Sound of Thunder, Valiant, or Alone in the dark, but I will assume that they are not altogether good based on other critical response.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Craig,
they were awful! Funny thing is, I don't regret any of the movies I've gone to see, but I would not wish to see any of these again....

Whereas from what I have seen of your list, I enjoyed Hazzard, Hitchhiker, and I really liked Domino. Agree on Congeniality 2, Stealth, and Wedding Date

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I knew that would cause my no regret o meter fits so I skipped that one, skipped the first as well. I just can't get my mind around Schneider outside of bit parts in Sandler films....

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Funny, I tend to enjoy Sandler films, not all mind you. I also like it when he went against type in Punch Drunk Love, and to an extent, Spanglish. I am also a sucker for Happy Gilmore and Wedding SInger.

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I haven't seen many awfully bad movies this year, but one that really comes to mind was a Oscar bait in August release Asylum. Now I like Natasha Richardson and Ian McKellan and their respected works and this is far from any of them and it turns a 90 minute picture into a high brow stiff upper lipped bore that still considers yelling forcefully powerful acting (it looked so phony that I really begged for the door for it this year)

The premise was supposed to be revealing and a nice period piece...it turned out to be a soapy mess with a horrible subplot and an even worse twist at the end. If only they would've thought things out and not been trying to guarantee a spot beyond December, it would've been passable but if what you want to find in the middle of the apple is the core, in between Asylum is the pits

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Both worst film of the year and my most hated film, the remake of "The Fog."

What a piece of shit.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I don't see movies I think I'll dislike very often, and I had hopes for this one, but the only truly terrible movie I've seen this year is Kicking and Screaming. repulsive, poorly and dispassionately made, lacking any of the charm, minor wit and appropriate humor of the genre. A big disapointment

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hated, HATED, HATED the remake of The Fog! :thumbsdown:

Wolf Creek also makes my list, a truly aweful film that just makes one feel bad. AND they opened it on Christmas day...nice.

I did, however, enjoy Stealth for the loud, dumb popcorn flick that it was. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks