-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Select Warner Box Sets 19.99 at Borders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 JohnDMoore

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 04:31 PM

Was in Borders today, and a good number of the Warner box sets collections were discounted to $19.99. Not all are (I was hoping for Scorsese and Hitchcock... not so much), but I picked up the Film Noir collection. Titles that I know for sure are on sale include the Academy Awards II collection (with an American in Paris), the Humphrey Bogart collection, Christopher Guest (3 films), and a Barbara Streisand collection.

Again, I reiterate: Only a few of the Warner box sets are on sale. The ones that are make for a pretty good deal, though.
-John D. Moore

#2 of 12 Brandon P

Brandon P

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 30 2005 - 03:18 PM

Thanks John! I picked up the Film Noir Volume 1 boxset. No signing or evidence of the sale anywhere. Someone looked it up for me and sure enough, $19.99. She then let me look through the "Borders book of sales". It was all their sales so it was hard to pick out the Warner sets. I believe that I saw a Elizabeth Taylor boxset and, as mentioned, a Humphrey Bogart boxset on the list.

Brandon

#3 of 12 Dax P

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted December 31 2005 - 11:19 AM

Bummer- didn't see the Bogart box. Went in a Borders today hoping to get the Film Noir Box #2... but nope- just the first one was in the sale, and I already have that...

#4 of 12 Irina

Irina

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted January 02 2006 - 01:07 AM

You can get the Bogart set at $19.97 at Amazon online here:
http://www.amazon.co....v=glance&s=dvd

Taylor set is available for $19.99 for a store pick up if you order online:
http://www.amazon.co....v=glance&n=130

Film Noir 1 set is also available online for $19.99 for a store pick up:

Hepburn/Tracy set :

#5 of 12 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,044 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 05 2006 - 01:18 PM

I want to thank John, too!

I scored the last Film Noir Set #1 at my local Borders tonight. $19.99! Woohoo! Posted Image

$4 apiece for these films?! Crazy!

Thanks, dude!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#6 of 12 Thomas J.

Thomas J.

Stunt Coordinator

• 244 posts

Posted January 08 2006 - 04:12 PM

Picked up the Film Noir Collection Vol. 1 today.

Yep, I agree -- this was a steal of a deal! Even the cashier was in disbelief. John et. al. thanks a lot.Posted Image

#7 of 12 Chris A H

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted January 09 2006 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for posting this, got mine this morning! This is definitely "secret" pricing, as no one at my Borders knew about it either.

#8 of 12 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,044 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 09 2006 - 03:37 PM

Hmmmmm. I wonder if there are any other "secret" prices at Borders that we are not clued into?!

No! Wait! Don't tell me! I've already spent too much!

Oh! Go ahead! Tell me! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#9 of 12 Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 10 2006 - 09:58 AM

Well, I bought Gallipoli, and it rang up 9.99 even though it was labeled 14.99. Receipt said "promo". Weird.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#10 of 12 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,685 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 10 2006 - 10:52 AM

At the Borders in my area, the only items that are ever marked as 'On Sale' are new releases. It seems like they only put sale tags on stuff before it's on the floor.

#11 of 12 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,044 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 10 2006 - 01:22 PM

My Film Noir set was still clearly marked $46.99...but rang up $19.99.

That's why I wonder how we could find out what other titles have been marked down.

At first, I could not find any of the Film Noir set, so I went to their little computer terminal set-up and searched for it. It displayed that they had some in-stock and it DID display the price of $19.99 (so there's gotta be SOME WAY to find out). I quick printed up the little slip and had a clerk help me find one. Posted Image

#12 of 12 Joey Dee

Joey Dee

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted January 11 2006 - 05:08 AM

BTW,

B4 someone else drives 30 miles to the nearest Borders, the sale is over, and the prices are back up to $46.99

J