Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Classic TV/DVD Wish List for '06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 of 64 OFFLINE   JeffO

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted January 26 2006 - 07:18 AM

I've noticed some of my favorites listed above. These are the ones that I really want:

Fall Guy
Scarecrow and Mrs. King
Father Dowling Mysteries
Smurfs
more TJ Hooker

and a couple of one year non-wonders (for some crazy reason the lead actresses left a strong impression on me)

Cover Up
Queen of Swords

I thought Battlestar Galactica held up pretty well story wise with good acting, especially from Starbuck, but the repeated special effect got real tiring. I would have said Simon and Simon, but one episode was featured on Magnum P.I., and I didn't notice the Simon and Simon crisp character interactions I thought I remembered, so I think I'd pass on Simon and Simon.

JeffO
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

#62 of 64 OFFLINE   David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 847 posts

Posted January 26 2006 - 10:27 AM

I'm hoping for:

Batman
James at 15
More Looney Tunes

and how about a boxed set of those "Battle of the Stars" specials from the 70s? With shows like Dancing with the Stars so hot now, it seems a no brainer.

#63 of 64 OFFLINE   Jeff'Reys

Jeff'Reys

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted January 26 2006 - 04:57 PM

With Grosse Pointe coming out, I would forgoe ever wishing or harassing another company about a DVD release if the following made their way to DVD also. Far from "classics" in the broadest sense but they're my treasures nonetheless...

It's All Relative
Some Of My Best Friends
Central Park West
Savannah
Legacy

#64 of 64 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted January 30 2006 - 04:15 PM

and how about a boxed set of those "Battle of the Stars" specials from the 70s? With shows like Dancing with the Stars so hot now, it seems a no brainer.

I'd definitely be interested in DVDs for "Battle of the Network Stars" (1976-1985, 1989) and "Circus of the Stars". (1977-1994)

According to IMDb, it seems that Paramount is working on a "Battle of the Network Stars" movie for release in 2007? Maybe then we'll get some DVDs.