Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

3 Prong IEC Cords- Questions and On-Line Retailers?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   James Edward

James Edward

Supporting Actor

• 858 posts

Posted December 26 2005 - 05:07 AM

I install medium range HT equipment- which means we usually deal with whatever cabinet/rack the customer has on hand; no custom equipment built for our electronics... Frequently, the detachable cords are way too long, and wind up being a liability in both neatening things up, and in trying to keep them away from speaker wires and interconnects so as not to introduce noise. I'm looking for a source that sells ready-made cords from 18 inches to 4.5 feet. I have seen several sources that have 3 footers, but generally none in the 18" or 4.5' lengths. Also, they seem to sell both shielded and unshielded types. My instinct says go with shielded, but I don't want any unintended consequences that I may be unaware of. And I also want to make sure the quality of whatever I get is at least as good, if not better, than OEM. However, I don't want to go the 'custom' $100-$2,000 dollar route. Thanks- any input is appreciated...
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Phil A

Phil A

• 3,092 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted December 26 2005 - 06:24 AM

There are bunches of distributors to look at including (but not limited to):

or broadcast supply places like:

or places like:

I personally prefer shield but RFI or EMI may not be problems everywhere so there could be places where it may not make that much difference. You may find that pre-made cords come in specific lengths (I make my own so it is not a big deal to me). For example, you may find 6 ft. to be std. Cable organizer products are also carried by some of the above and a forum sponsor and it may be easier to use the organization products are they may be less costly and you don't need to worry about what size is right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users