-

Photo
- - - - -

My addiction has returned. I have Q's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   JohnMurphy

JohnMurphy

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted December 23 2005 - 09:33 PM

Some background first. many years ago(before kids), I bought a Bose AM5 surround system. sounded good until I heard my friends 12" sub at a party.
Since motorcycle season is over in Michigan, I started doing research and found this forum. It has been very informative.
My wife was not very happy when she seen that look in my eye, and when I started shopping she knew we were in trouble(G).
To make a long story short, I purchased a pair of JBL tower speakers and a Velodyne DPS12 sub. I just recieved the sub yesterday.
OH MY GOD! I cant believe I waited so long before I open my ears to some quality sounds.
My question is.......
Do you generally get your sub dialed in and leave it at that setting for movies and music, or is this an on going thing where I will be constantly tweaking and adjusting the crossover and volume levels..
If I sound like I am rambling, I apologise. Murph

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted December 24 2005 - 03:14 AM

Quote:
Do you generally get your sub dialed in and leave it at that setting for movies and music, or is this an on going thing where I will be constantly tweaking and adjusting the crossover and volume levels.

Well I won't say I would never tweak it but theoretically there's a correct combination that will match the other speakers, the room and your tastes. Unless something changes about the first two only the third one is reason to tweak.

Book answer: Use test tones and an SPL meter to set everything and leave it. But... its your ears and your gear Posted Image

Quote:
If I sound like I am rambling, I apologise.

Not to worry. Common characteristic of the HT-upgraditis disease. Tends to go away after a time but often returns Posted Image
I am not young enough to know everything. -Oscar Wilde-

Forum Nav Content I Follow