What's new

For those buying Serenity & BSG 2.0 (or S1) -- Instant $10 off (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
There is a coupon attached to both BSG 2.0 and Serenity to be used for an Instant $10 off. This is not store specific as I saw it at CC, BB and WM.

It is good on buying S1 of BSG and Serentity as well.

You can also order online at BB.com for this same deal.

Greg

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Get this: At Best Buy, I had a copy of both Serenity and Battlestar Galactica 2.0. When I got to the register, I peeled one of the coupons off and handed it to the cashier. She scanned it and took $10 off of the purchase. She then proceeded to tear the other coupon off, scan it, and take $10 more off of the purchase! I got BSG 2.0 for $22.99 AND Serenity for $7.99. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For some reason, I felt compelled to take part in this deal because I had already needed to get a $10 ink cartridge, so I knew I was going to spend $25 ($15 for Serenity at Fry's), and it'd just be $20 more for BSG S2, so that's how I justified it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I was too until it hit me that Firefly was a Fox release and Serenity is Universal. I'm not exactly sure how that kind of thing works with sales that cross studio lines.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I bought Serenity on line, and it came with the $10 off sticker. Can I take that sticker and use it to get $10 off BSG at the retailer of my choice? If I can, it will force me to buy BSG, which I have been on the fence about.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Likewise...

I went to Best Buy this morning at 9am. It was the first chance I had to pick them up. They had 3 copies of Serenity left... all Fullscreen. I wanted to also get the Galactica set and get the 10.00 off deal (plus their lower release week prices). The guy said I could buy the fullscreen and then exchange it for the widescreen when they came in, probably next week.

I went across the mall to FYE, they had both and after some checking with the manager said they would match the price. But they didn't want to give me the 10.00 off. They said it was a mail-in rebate. I said I didn't think so and peeled off the coupon that revealed a barcode which they were supposed to scan. Manager comes back over cuz the clerk doesn't really believe me or has just stopped listening. After some more haggling on my part, and holding up the growing line, they gave it to me with the 10 bucks off.

The clerk said it was a long day.

It was 9:20 am.

I'm pretty sure it all has to be on the same receipt.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I suspected that it had to be on the same receipt, because what is to stop someone from peeling off the sticker and using it to buy BSG, and not buying Serenity. Well, once in a blue moon, it does pay to buy in a brick and mortar rather than on line. Thanks Ric for your thoughts.

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
I went to pick up BSG 2.0 at Circuit City on Tuesday (the day it came out, but they didn't have it. That's when I noticed the sticker on Serenity, so I decided to wait and get both. I didn't get a chance to go anywhere until Friday, so I went to Best Buy. Of course, they were completely out of BSG 2.0 and only had a few copies of Serenity WS (but plenty of FS). I had tried Wal-mart earlier in the week, as well, but no stickers :frowning:. I went back to the same Circuit City and they still didn't have any BSG 2.0. Finally, I broke down and went to another Circuit City. I never liked going there because they really made me mad last Christmas when I went to purchase something, plus the store is very unorganized. I finally found BSG 2.0! I went to the register and it took forever just to get the price match because they had to get a manager to do it. They have the old computer systems (not like the fancy ones they have at the other, newer, and much better Circuit City), and it takes manager's approval to price change. Finally I gave them the coupons, and neither would ring up. Again, I had to get a manager to come up and give me the discount. They marked $5 off each item to make up for the coupon. The girl at the register told the manager that I had two coupons, but he had figured it out and would only ring up one. Oh well :frowning:. I still hate that Circuit City.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks