What's new

Taxi Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Will this be released,soon?I,recently,finished watching season 3 and am anxiously awaiting the release of the next set.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm figuring we'll hear the announcement for Taxi alongside Cheers and Frasier season 8. I notice Paramount released season 2 on the same day as seasons 4 of those shows, and season 3 on the same day as seasons 6 of those. Considering Taxi ran less than half as long, spacing like that kinda makes sense since there were a lot of the same creators and writers... we'll probably see Cheers and Frasier season 8 in Feb or March of 2006, so I'd expect Taxi season 4 alongside them.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not too worried about TAXI either. The first three seasons came out fairly quickly, so I'm figuring that it shouldn't be very long for the fourth season. Looking forward to it!

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Wings, Taxi, Cheers and Frasier would be all nice on one day, but I think they won't do that. At earliest I think we will see those in March. Wings seems to be not coming Feb. 7 anymore.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Diddo for me. I can't believe it. Taxi is the ONLY Paramount show that I really love, and now they are going to leave us hanging with only two seasons to go??
Damn them.
Does anyone have a way to get ahold of them and confirm this??

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, is it just me or is everyone over reacting? I don't recall any posts about the rest TAXI not being released.

The quote said:

That to me only says that there is no news about the release of further Seasons and does not mean that they WON'T be released. It hasn't been that long that Season Three has been released, lets just give it some time...I'm looking forward to the release just as much as any of you but i'm not worried about the rest not being released. All in good time my friends... ;)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I may be over reacting.The way I interpreted that quote was he has yet to hear anything on Taxi continuing,at all.Of course,I could be wrong.Perhaps,Pavan can shed some light on this.Would Gord/Dave happen to know anything?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

right, plus you really can't trust Paramount. Remember they said that seasons 2-5 of 7th Heaven would be out in 2005, and then suddenly they abandoned the show after season 2? 7th is not among my favorite programs but it shows that Paramount has been known to doubletalk

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Yeah.Family Ties would be another example of Paramount's doubletalk.They said the first season would be out in the first half of 2005,but it was never released.I still don't know what's up with that. Has there been any news if,indeed,Taxi has been discontinued,or not?

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I hope someone out there can get to the bottom of this. While they're at it, they can talk some sence into Paramount. There are only two more seasons left to release. There are no music issues. So what's the big deal??
This really sucks. I Thought this one was in the bag for sure...:angry:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Count me as someone who will be very disappointed if no more seasons of Taxi are released. The first three are among my favorite TV/DVD releases, and I've enjoyed every moment of them.

Is it just me not paying attention or does it seem like Paramount hasn't made many TV on DVD announcements lately?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's you, Sam! :)

We posted 4 Paramount-related news items today, and 7 others in the month-to-date, for a total of 11:

1. NCIS
  2. Numb3rs
  3. Medium
  4. Joan of Arcadia
  5. Star Trek: Time Travel Collection
  6. MacGyver
  7. Wings
  8. Survivor: Palau
  9. Queer Duck
  10. Phil Silvers Show (Sgt. Bilko)
  11. Star Trek: Borg Collective

Look for at least two more between tomorrow and Monday; I just have to decide what to post when. Sorry, but neither of them are Taxi. Or even Cheers/Frasier, in case you're wondering. No, not Family Ties either. Recent stuff, one of them animated.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

Charmed season 5? My collection stops at season 4 but the way they are coming out so quickly in the UK, it looks like season 5 should come out here soon since the way season 3 came out in R1 the same time season 4 came out in R2, and then season 5 is coming out in R2 the same time season 4 comes out here.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

That sucks. Isn't the recent stuff just that..recent. So it's usually on a few times a day on different channels.
We need more of the older stuff!!
:angry:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
One of them, Avatar, was posted yesterday. The other one tomorrow for sure. I doubt it will be an announcement that will blow away too many of you. More along the lines of "that's nice, I guess".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks