What's new

APOCALYPTO --- Mel Gibson's Latest (1 Viewer)

MikeRS

Screenwriter
I couldn't find an existing thread for this summer release, but Entertainment Tonight gave a glimpse of the upcoming teaser.

save target as...

Gibson will bankroll “Apocalypto” himself (Disney will distribute.) It began shooting in November and was shot almost entirely in the jungle of Mexico’s Veracruz state.

Interesting to note that this will be the second film to dabble in Mayan culture next year (Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain being the other).

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I've respected all three of Gibson's films, so I'll go to the theater for this one.

Got to admire a man paying for his own films. GL does it, and Gibson does it. That's worth supporting, and the man can make films.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
I'm with you on this one, Chuck. Gibson is a damn fine filmmaker. It's nice to see an artist who isn't afraid to take risks, especially with his own cash. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Case

Supporting Actor

:laugh:

Maybe the film will open with a caption that reads, "This is the greatest and best movie in the world..."

:D

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Naw it'd probably read: "This is just a tribute..."

Anyway looks good, I like Mel, I respect him and think he's a great film maker. Wish Caleb Deschanel was the Cinematographer for this movie, but I can't wait to see it, though it's of a different caliber than Passion.

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
This is infinitely more interesting to me than the upcoming Malick poki drivel.

Nice to see someone actually doing something with guts, class, and not immediately condescending and stupid.

I will be first in line for this.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Dynamite. If anybody has balls, it's Mel Gibson. I will see this opening day.

Regards,
Nathan

Mike.P

Second Unit
Looks absolutely...something. I can't even think of a word to describe how I reacted to the trailer - I honestly don't know WHAT to think.

Really interested in this when it comes out...

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
For those wondering, Mel's cameo is right near the 1:46 mark.:D

Looking forward to this. Mel's proven he can do big, epic stories. And kudos to him for footing the bill and protecting his artistic integrity.

Regarding the use of the original languages: I'm fine with it, but in this case (as opposed to with Passion), I'd like to have subtitles. Mayan culture and history is so foreign to the majority of the world that I think having subs will help.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks very good. Most likely one I will trek to the theater for. I have enjoyed all of Mel's films and this one looks to be just as enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread