What's new

Mogambo and 3 Godfathers at Target this week? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be at Target, Tuesday morning, but I have some reservations that this is too good to be true.

Crawdaddy

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
they'll be there, of that i have no doubt.
my problem is, do i get them now, or would it be better to just wait for the boxsets that coming, as i have no doubt i will be getting those as well

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I will probably pick up Mogambo. Frankly, I would rather have the original "Red Dust" on DVD before the inferior remake Mogambo. I am a John Ford fan, but this is probably one of his lesser films imho. NOTE: lesser Ford is still better than many. I figure "Red Dust" will probably appear later in a Harlow or Gable boxset, and I'm betting that this Mogambo "exclusive" will likely resurface in the forthcoming Gable collection in 2006.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I would love to pick up both of these titles, but as several people have already stated, I'm on board for the Ford boxset that is due later in the year. I really don't want to end up with doubles, but at the same time if these titles don't make it in to the boxset or don't get a wider release for another full year, then maybe it is worth while to get them now.

HMMMMMMM!!

Has anyone seen any futher details on the eventual WB boxset?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
why not get them now even if they will be in a box set later.
whats the earliest a set would appear? 6 months from now.

when the set comes out, sell or give away the current versions.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Can you order this from the website or do you actually have to go to a Target store? They are listed on the website but without the ability to place it in a cart (although that might change tomorrow). I'd love to see them bring out THE FUGITIVE (playing on TCM today) as part of the set. Ford once claimed that that and THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT (Republic now controlled by Paramount with restored footage) were his favorite films.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Though I suspect, like others, that both these titles will surface later next year, at $9.99 why wait? The time to enjoy them is NOW. In six or nine months, who knows where any of us will be?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

These are in-store only. Target's website is powered by Amazon for DVD/CD/Book orders and they won't be getting it. As I posted in the Coupons forum, I had ALOT of people asking about these titles today...I would HIGHLY recommend calling your local Target when they open and see if they can hold them for you. Having never heard of either film, I was surprised at the amount of interest in them. (And I bet Target will be caught off guard on the demand for them if other stores got requests like I did.)

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Does anyone have any details about that John Ford box set?

In any case, I may just get Three Godfathers,
it has such brilliant color photography. And while it is a great film to watch at any time of year, of course this week is without a doubt the best time to watch it, with its Christmas-parable influences.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Gee, Eric and I was just complaing about Target a couple of weeks ago in the Weekly RoundUp for underestimating the demand on King Kong, Polar Express and a few other titles in recent weeks. I hope upon hope they don't underestimate demand on EXCLUSIVE titles they've contracted to carry! That would be an incredible irony...and stupid business practice as well.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
the only details on the john ford box that have surfaced are that both the searchers and stagecoach are getting restoration and the two disc treatment...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I found copies of "Mogambo", but no "3 Godfathers". For some reason, stock for that title didn't come in. Now, I have to play a guessing game, if and when stock for "3 Godfathers" ever comes in? The store in my area won't hold any copies for you. I wonder if they only put out new stock in the morning?

Crawdaddy

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had to go to three Target stores to find these titles. The first two stores had not received any product at all, but they did offer me the option to check back with them tomorrow.
Well, thanks .:confused:

I guess it is too much to ask for Target to actually stock the exclusive item they carry.

Anyway, I have them in my hot little hands. Cannot wait to watch 3 Godfathers. The only special feature listed on each DVD is the trailer.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
My local target had Mogambo but not Three Godfathers! They said they expected it in "sometime".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks