Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

A question about Sirius billing...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted December 14 2005 - 07:10 PM

Like many, i'm saddened that Howard Stern will be leaving terrestrial radio tomorrow and i've been considering getting into Sirius, but I have a problem, I don't have a credit card.

Can Sirius take a monthly automatic withdrawl from my bank account or can they bill me through the mail?

Thanks.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   William Laughner

William Laughner

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted December 14 2005 - 11:36 PM

Sirius TERMS AND CONDITIONS link

The following is from the TERMS AND CONDITIONS page on Sirius.com

Quote:
5. PAYMENT.

In return for receiving the Service, you agree to pay us as follows:

a) Subscription Fee. You must pay in advance, by credit card or branded debit/check card, or, for committed Subscriptions of at least one year in length, by check or money order, at the rates in effect at the time of payment, for any Service ordered for use with your SIRIUS Receiver (including Service ordered by your children or other family members or drivers of your vehicle), with or without your permission, through all periods until your Service is canceled. You will receive a paper invoice only if you commit to a Subscription of at least one year in length and elect to pay by check or money order. You will be responsible for all Subscription fees, other charges and fees and purchases under your account. Our Subscription fees and other charges and fees are subject to change.

b) Billing Statements. Billing statements will be provided only upon request. If you would like to receive a statement for a particular period, please contact Customer Care as provided at the top of these Terms. Please include the name and service address on your account in your letter or e-mail. Statements will show: (1) payments, credits, purchases, and any other charges to your account, (2) your account balance, and (3) the payment due date.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted December 15 2005 - 04:50 AM

Thanks, William, now at least I know that I have options. Posted Image

And Radio Shack has the Sirius boom box with the docking interface for $100 so I think I just might take the plunge. I need my Howard Stern fix at work, sometimes I can't function in the mornings without listening to him.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Chris_T

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted December 15 2005 - 08:52 AM

John,

I'm the same way. That's why I took the plunge. Need my Baba-Booey in the morning. Should get real interesting on January 9.

Chris

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted December 15 2005 - 09:28 AM

Chris,
are you going down to see Howard do his last show tomorrow? Wish I could but I live too far away.

And yep, i'm doing it, I have to wait until I get my tax return in January, though, which works out fine considering that is when he starts.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Chris_T

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator

• 208 posts

Posted December 15 2005 - 10:58 AM

John,

Unfortunately, work gets in the way of fun. Also the weather is not supposed to be favorable tomorrow. In the forties, but rainy. So instead I'll listen on "free" radio (for the last time) and view it on Yahoo.

On a side note, I got the Sportster Replay along with the boombox from Radio Shack. Radio Shack is offering the $50 rebate on the receiver and a $20 rebate on the boombox. It helped seal the deal for me. This deal is good until Christmas Eve. Hope some of this info helps.

Chris