What's new

Simpsons DVD at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Just for your info, went to BB today to get Simpsons Season 7 in Box not Marge Collectors head and there were none to be found.

Marge collectors head was in new releases, TV show box set section, and new releases table at the front of the store.

I waited in line to ask if they had the box version and the employee took me to another employee who when asked if they had that version shrugged and said "okay........wait here.....let me check the warehouse.

Awhile later he comes back with ONE copy in the box.

They are obviously trying to push the collectors heads so if you go to BB looking for the box and don't see it, ask.

Maxx

MattHR

Screenwriter
Just picked mine up at Best Buy. My store had both versions, with about equal shelf space for each. There was also a large free-standing display loaded with both versions. It was obvious that sales of the standard box were outpacing the head. I overheard a few people, as they were grabbing their copies of the box, mention that they hated the head for Season 6 and were happy to get a normal box for Season 7.

My next stop was Target, where the head was clearly outselling the box. There was a row dedicated to each on an endcap, with only one head available, while not a single box was missing from the shelf.

BTW, I picked up the box version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The BB I went to had both versions as well. And BB was the only ad (that I saw) that showed both versions.

I think the only thing BB is trying to 'push' is the one that is selling the best and that's the head. In other words, they're gonna stock more of the head because more people want it. Granted, not too many people on this board but the average guy just buying a Simpsons DVD for Christmas does. :)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Not sure they were aware which one would be selling best when they opened this morning...

The guy brought back one copy from the back because only one person asked for it. It's just a case of that particular BB stocking what they had in front of them - the head cases (ha ha). I highly doubt they had an agenda to push one over the other.

My BB had the two different cases displayed about equal.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100%...couldn't have said it better myself!

As with the others who posted, my Best Buy had just as many of one over the other. I was at 4 stores yesterday. Wal-Mart didn't get any Simpsons one way or the other, and that shocked me. BB, Target, and Circuit City all seemed to be selling more Head than Box versions, based on empty slots on shelves/displays that I saw.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

That was certainly true at my Target...I don't think we sold one box version, almost all "head" versions. I wonder how many were being bought as Christmas gifts and, with the price being the same for both, it seemed like a better gift to get the "collectible" version.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think the head was selling better at my Best Buy (Thousand Oaks, California). But I ALSO notice there was more available shelf space for the regular box. They seemed to have stocked box vs. Marge about 2 to 1. But I don't know for sure; I just noted what was available on the stands. The Marge box looks kinda nice, really. It may be selling for Christmas giving. As a collector, however, I don't want that awkward thing on my shelf. And by the way, I ordered that damn replacement box for Homer's head about 1 month ago...still haven't gotten it. How long did it take for the rest of you?

Matthew H

Second Unit
My Best Buy had more versions of the box than Marge's head. I picked up the box, that head is too bulky for my collection.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
My Canadian Best Buy had both, but they seemed to have a lot more of the head on the shelves than the box. Picked up the box, myself, since I don't really like how the head packages look on the shelf.

A friend of mine mentioned his Future Shop was head-only, so he had to buy the box from Wal-Mart.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Word of caution about the Marge head packaging at Best Buy. Since the outside plastic is essentially the case thier price sticker goes right on it. I have noticed that lately with slip covers and what not they have put a "low-tack" clear sticker behind the Best Buy sticker so it doesn't mar the slipcovers. With every single Marge box at the Best Buy I went to the clear "low-tack" sticker was in the wrong spot so the Best Buy price sticker is stuck directly to the package. It is a pain to get those stickers of so you better check before you buy.

--Ian

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Personally, I think selling Marge head or Marge box is disgusting. Disgusting, I say! What will marketing sink to next? I'll take some of each, thanks, I'm not proud, there are always new depths to aspire to. I didn't notice a lack of either version around here. I notice Homer box does not appear on the shelves still, just Homer head...maybe appropriate, but no thanks anyway.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My closest BB had enough Marge heads and the box for anyone who wanted them. They were lined up next to the Feature Wall in two rows (one for each). It looked like a fair amount of both were gone, pretty close to have each.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Over here, the Homer Head is the only version of the package available in stores. Season Six was not released here with both versions, so you will never see the boxed Six on shelves unless you go to some place like Europe.

I bought my copy of Seven at Wal-Mart, and I saw no Marge Heads in sight. All they had were the boxes.I haven't bothered to go check the Best Buy and Future Shops around here, because there's no point in looking for something you already have.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Ahh, I thought maybe the Homer box would appear by now, since we all know why there's a Marge package choice. I wouldn't mind the heads if they just weren't so flimsy, so it's not the shape so much for me. Thought I coud pass the Homer head on and keep a boxed set, no big deal, just like to keep the discs secure but there are other ways of course.

Derek.R

Auditioning
Any word on whether Fox will offer just the box (packaging) like they did with season six? I'd like both versions without having to buy the actual DVD set twice.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
There are no inserts within the set (as far as I know) eluding to anything like that, so I very much doubt they are offering the 'other' version to buyers. I think they figure that since they are giving people a choice at the store now, there is no need to offer alternatives by mail since you can choose which version you want immediately. To be honest if it were up to me I'd be doing the same thing.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I was in BB yesterday, and there were equal displays of both.

(Went looking for HARRY POTTER but all they had left was the bottom of the barrel: FOOLSCREEN versions-not a WS to be found;
should teach 'em a lesson, no?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The only widescreen Harrys I can find right now are in the box set of all 3 films. (Sigh). I finally got the Homer head replacement box, and yes, assembling it was every bit the pain in the ass that all of you have posted in this forum. I still couldn't get it quite right, but eventually I just shoved it together and jammed it onto the shelf. I'm sick of the whole season 6 fiasco. Thanks a lot for the slap in the face, Fox, and don't ever do it again. As for Homer, he's "headed" for the nearest landfill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks