Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Michael Mann's MIAMI VICE (merged)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#401 of 406 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,913 posts

Posted June 15 2009 - 08:24 AM

haven't seen it completely through for a while now, but i'd often pop it in for random scenes, the gun fight is still awesome, very HEAT-esque. my fav. part is near the end of the gun fight, sonny+tub look @one another and just KNOWS what is going on. they don't need words. looks/glances just communicate so much between these long time partners. just luv it =). very awesome acting amongst all the cast.

#402 of 406 Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,304 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted June 16 2009 - 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Atkins
Watched this one again. Still great, and I would rate it a 9.5 now as opposed to a solid 9 on first viewing.
Agreed. Gets better which each viewing. So dense with information and yet there are so many subtle scenes with almost no dialog.

Can't wait for Public Enemies.
Edited by Brett_M - 7/13/2009 at 04:35 am GMT
Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

#403 of 406 Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted June 16 2009 - 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_M
Agreed. Gets better which each viewing. So dense with information and yet there are so many suttle scenes with almost no dialog.

Can't wait for Public Enemies.

Yep, I watched this one in anticipation of Public Enemies.

The film IS dense, and it doesn't dumb things down for its audience, which I love.

#404 of 406 Nathan V

Nathan V

Supporting Actor

• 960 posts

Posted June 16 2009 - 07:29 AM

Here's a pretty good interview with Mann, posted yesterday:

Michael Mann: The inside scoop on 'Public Enemies' | The Big Picture | Los Angeles Times

Some interesting tidbits about Ali in there.

Can't wait for another great Mann experience. Has there been a period piece shot on handheld digital yet, or will Public Enemies be the first?

Regards,
Nathan
The Tree of Life / Brad Pitt / Sean Penn / Directed by Terrence Malick / 2010

#405 of 406 Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,966 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thought I'd share this new revisit by the AV Club for one of the best films of the previous decade. I apologize for the threadomancy.

http://www.avclub.co...hing-thr,97608/
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#406 of 406 Brett_M

Brett_M

Screenwriter

• 1,304 posts
  • LocationMos Eisley Spaceport

Posted May 15 2013 - 06:28 AM

Great review.  I love this film.  The extended/alternate cut is the one to watch.  Those who ignored it should give it a look.

Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it meant to roast in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow