Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How to unclog a poo filled toilet w/ no plunger?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted December 10 2005 - 11:09 PM

Guys I have a real problem on my hands...

My toilet is somehow clogged and I apparently don't own a plunger. Each time I flush, the water comes up higher in the bowl.

What should I do???

#2 of 22 DwightK

DwightK

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 01:07 AM

Buy a plunger. Or borrow one but that is gross.

#3 of 22 Evan M.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

• 910 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 01:11 AM

First.......buy a plunger. Plunge the living daylights out of it. If that does not work than go to a hardware store or HD or Lowes and go into the toilet/drain repair area. They will have a number of things there to try. I would opt for something called a toilet or drain snake. Make sure you get one for toilets....the drain one tends to be too little for a toilet. You don't have to buy an expensive one. You should not have to spend over 30$ for a snake. It is basicaly a wire/coil that goes down the toilet and twist/pushes the clog out of the U pipe and sends it on its' way. I have had some big clogs at my house.....found out wife was flushing her..."products" the hard way........and plunging for a long time always worked though. Good luck.

#4 of 22 SteveA

SteveA

Supporting Actor

• 701 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 01:14 AM

Take a plastic bread bag, put your hand in it, and retrieve the source of the clog with your hand. Then turn the bag inside out and dispose. Voila! Gross, but it works (that is, if you can reach the poo).

#5 of 22 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 01:39 AM

Steve, I would rather quarantine the bathroom and move into a new house!

Hardware stores don't open for another 30 mins but I found a plumbers forum (I'm serious! Posted Image) and managed to stabalize the situation.

I first turned the water valve off on my toilet. I than took a plastic hanger from my closet and scooped a huge disgusting soaked wad of brown kleenex out into an industrial sized garbage bag.

I somehow managed to do this with my head turned completely in the opposite direction, one hand blocking my nose and the other holding the hanger with my eyes closed!

I than spent 10 minutes thoroughly washing my hands even though they never came into contact with anything.

I than, thanks to the advice from the plumbers forums Posted Image filled my mop bucket with boiling hot water and CLR and once the water level in my toilet was almost cleared, I dumped it into the drain and amazingly enough, all the brown poo water dissapeared down the drain!!

I thought I was safe, but than I flushed and realized that it's still clogged. But at least the poop is gone.

Now I'm going to try the hot water buckewt thing again and hope that works. I really should buy a plunger though...

What a shitty morning. Posted Image

#6 of 22 Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 02:54 AM

When it comes time to buy the plunger, when you get thru this, buy the best one. Cheap, at Home Depot, and super duper effective.

What have you been eating? Posted Image

MC
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

#7 of 22 Joe D

Joe D

Supporting Actor

• 839 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 03:29 AM

I think a plunger should be in every bathroom, and it seems like the more likely a toilet is prone to clogging, the less chance a plunger will be nearby. AHHHH!

#8 of 22 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted December 11 2005 - 04:12 AM

On a side note. Dont ever try to wash a box of grape nuts cereal down the sink disposal.

#9 of 22 Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 04:52 AM

You should always have a plunger available, if not for you, for your guests. There is nothing more embarrassing than going to someone's house, taking a power dump and clogging the toilet with no plunger available.

#10 of 22 Francois Caron

Francois Caron

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 05:33 AM

Marco, t'é vraiment dans la marde! Posted Image

Babelfish translation: "Marco, you 3rd really in the marde!" Posted Image

BTW, where's that plumbing forum you mentioned? My condo's pipes are overdue for a proper cleaning. It would be a good project for the holidays.

#11 of 22 Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 06:27 AM

If you do not have or want a plunger, I have two words for you:

Roto Rooter

The shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction! - Rodney Dangerfield, "Back to School"

#12 of 22 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 06:49 AM

Thanks guys, the situation is neutralized!

Boiling water in a mop bucket did the trick. The reason it wouldn't flush after, if because I forgot to turn the water back on...

BTW, that MP100 Master Plunger looks really bad ass and it even comes in a nice variety of colors to match my bathroom decor. Posted Image

I'm heading out this afternoon to buy one!

Francois, run a Google search for "clogged toilet" and "poo". It took me about 10 minutes or so to come accross, but you should be able to find it! Posted Image

#13 of 22 alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted December 11 2005 - 04:22 PM

Glad to see your disgusting problem is cleared up! There's one other thing you could have tried, and it's cheap too - do nothing. Wait for quite a while, then flush. If you've waited long enough, normally what's causing the blockage will soften and will move with another flush. At least, it's always worked for me.

And stop calling it "poo" - be a man and call that shit what it is - shit! :b
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#14 of 22 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 12 2005 - 04:41 AM

1) Buy a plunger.

2) See a doctor. Posted Image

Joe

#15 of 22 Kevin T

Kevin T

Screenwriter

• 1,407 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 05:48 AM

3) see a therapist for the girly way you handled the situation Posted Image
religion is the opiate of the masses

#16 of 22 Marko Berg

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

• 856 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
Guys I have a real problem on my hands...

4) Please wash your hands thoroughly before doing 1 - 3.

#17 of 22 Tim L

Tim L

Second Unit

• 323 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 11:44 AM

buy a Toto toilet- best out there-I haven't used my plunger since I bought it over a year ago

#18 of 22 Mark Lucas

Mark Lucas

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 12:05 PM

I thought "poo" was a word that kids said.

#19 of 22 Brian Perry

Brian Perry

Screenwriter

• 2,815 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 01:40 PM

If you need to use a roto-rooter or drain snake, try to line the opening with something -- otherwise the metal will scratch the porcelain.

#20 of 22 Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
Marco, t'é vraiment dans la marde! Posted Image

Babelfish translation: "Marco, you 3rd really in the marde!" Posted Image
That may be because the original phrase contains a grammatical (conjugation actually) and a typographical error Posted Image.

--
H

Forum Nav Content I Follow