Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Miracle on 34th Street (1973)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 John*Wells

John*Wells

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted December 10 2005 - 04:51 AM

I appologize if this is the wrong forum for this. It is my understanding that this was a made for TV Re Make of the original 1947 film. It starred Sabastian Cabbott and David Hartman. I Was wondering if there is any chance it will be released on DVD. Anyone know?

#2 of 3 Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted December 12 2005 - 09:24 AM

I wish this version would be released. USA Network used to re-run it at a lot, but I don't think it shows up much anymore.

#3 of 3 JasonPW

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted December 13 2005 - 02:10 AM

Yes! The '7? version of "Miracle" is one well-remembered, loaded with 70's names like Tom Bosley, David Hartman, Sebastian Cabot & Roddy McDowall.

This would be a nice "extra" on a 2-disc treatment of the black-and-white original. Not sure how many would buy it as a stand-alone.

It is on my list of "Christmas specials basic cable networks hooked me on in the 80's, then stopped running":

-America's Top 10 Christmas Special
-Father Knows Best: Home for Christmas

Wish I could get those.

-Doc
"We're a little late, folks...Goodnight!"