Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Grounded For Life

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 DwayneH

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 05:45 AM

On the tvshowsondvd site there is a picture of the back of the box that says the episodes are all uncut. I wonder if that means the episodes will include the scene at the end that ran with the credits? They only ran those scenes the first time the episodes ran. Repeats did not include them. Those scenes were always great and helped wrap up the episode.

#2 of 9 Brad P

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 06:11 AM

Hopefully here "uncut" means "uncut." Carsey Werner seems to have learned their lesson from the Cosby/Roseanne fiasco.

#3 of 9 Esmir

Esmir

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 11:18 AM

Good to finally have this show on dvd. Early seasons are really funny.

#4 of 9 Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted December 09 2005 - 06:57 PM

This is actually one of the very few modern era sitcoms that I liked and not just because Megyn Price is gorgeous. However, given Carsey-Warner's record, I'll wait until the reviews come in before touching it.

#5 of 9 RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted December 10 2005 - 01:09 AM

I am really excited for this release. The show was incredibly funny in it's first few seasons, before they lost one of the boys and of course Grandpa. I'll definately be checking it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Ryan

#6 of 9 John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted December 31 2005 - 09:38 AM

On the tvshowsondvd site there is a picture of the back of the box that says the episodes are all uncut. I wonder if that means the episodes will include the scene at the end that ran with the credits? They only ran those scenes the first time the episodes ran. Repeats did not include them. Those scenes were always great and helped wrap up the episode.

They will most definitely be included. Fox usually does that with their sitcoms that have tag scenes; they show them during the initial airing of the episode, and then in the future they replace them with ads for other Fox shows. (they always did this with That '70s Show, as well)

Grounded for Life was consistently hilarious during the first two seasons, but when Sean and Eddie bought that damn bar...it was all downhill from there.

#7 of 9 MikeStanbridge

MikeStanbridge

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted February 18 2006 - 03:41 PM

Did anyone notice how similar the Catch us if you can episode was to the incident at Wrigley Field that happened three years after this was filmed? I totally forgot about this episode. Great set! Did you dig the bloopers?

#8 of 9 Jakerman1988

Jakerman1988

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted February 08 2011 - 10:03 AM

ABC Family reruns omit the end credit scenes because of the channel's generic version. MTV reruns restore them.

#9 of 9 Jakerman1988

Jakerman1988

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted February 08 2011 - 10:05 AM

Richard Riehle was written out of the show after season 2, but he still continued to make occasional appearances.